www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: JIAYU G3S Smartphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Model: JIAYU G3S
Band
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 2100MHz
Sim Card : Dual Sim Card dual Standby
Service Provide : Unlocked
Style : Bar
Color : Black
Shell Material: Plastic

System
CPU : MTK6589, Cortex A7 quad core, 1.2GHz;
GPU: Imagination Power SGX544
ROM : 4GB
RAM : 1GB

Screen
Display Size : 4.5 Inch IPS screen
Type: Retina screen, 326PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass
Resolution : 1280 x 720 pixels
Screen Color : 16000K Colors

Support Format
Ringtones Type : Polyphonic/MP3
Audio File Format : MP3/WAV/AMR/AWB
Video File Format : 3GP/MPEG4
Image File Format : JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/GIF
E-book Format: TXT/CHM/DOC/HTML
FM Radio : Yes, earphone needed
Earphone Port : 3.5mm
Card Extend : Support TF card up to 32GB

Data Transfer & Connectivity
Data transfer : USB/Bluetooth
Mobile internet : WAP/WIFI

General
Camera/Picture Resolution : Dual Cameras, front camera: 2.0MP, back camera: 8.0MP
with flashlight and auto focus, up to 3264×2448 pixels;
Language : English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Bengali, Deutsch, Espanol, French, Italiano, India Urdu, Nederlands, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Turkish, Russian, Persian, Hindi, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese
Phonebook : 500
Input: Handwrite/Keypad
TV : No
GPS : Yes, built in, also support A-GPS
With EPO assistance to speed up postioning
JAVA : No
WIFI : Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth : Bluetooth 2.0
Gravity Sensor: Yes
Multi-Touch : Yes, 5 point touch
Dimensions : 135 x 65x10.8mm
Net Weight(Including battery): 155g
Standby Time : About 2~3 days
Other Feature : 3G, GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, FM radio, Ebook, Email, Messaging,
VPN Services, wallpapers, calendar, calculator, clock, tethering & portable hotspot,
camera, compass, gyroscope, etc
I got it since a few days ago. I'm very pleased (previous was a SE Xperia X10 mini pro, great keybord but weak processor, RAM, and space). But I have two issues:
the minor one (more than an issue, a lack of feature): the notification led only lights red, green, or blue. No combos allowed (full red, blue, and green should give you white, full red and half blue and green something like orange, and so on)

The main issue: GPS. It makes good positioning on maps, but speed and distance are really bad. The old x10 did it fine, and the same route of 4kms and a half or so, G3S is reporting to be... 90Kms, 78Kms, at a medium speed of 60 Km/h, or things like that... in both Sports tracker and Endomondo. I think it may be due to some wrong configuration using mixed units in NMEA data (something as android expecting meters and GPS returning feet). So googled for it, and discovered this forum, with a thread talking about GPS issue (google says so), a tread I can't read... lets see... "Sorry, but your usergroup is banned from viewing this thread. To become a member, please see the 'Site News and Suggestions' Forum."

Well, as said, I've bought this mobile and found it almost perfect (it's a pity only the SIM 1 is 3G enabled), and the battery stands almost two days (previous mobile neede to charge twice a day)
(2013-06-19, 20:11)ParSalian Wrote: [ -> ]I got it since a few days ago. I'm very pleased (previous was a SE Xperia X10 mini pro, great keybord but weak processor, RAM, and space). But I have two issues:
the minor one (more than an issue, a lack of feature): the notification led only lights red, green, or blue. No combos allowed (full red, blue, and green should give you white, full red and half blue and green something like orange, and so on)

The main issue: GPS. It makes good positioning on maps, but speed and distance are really bad. The old x10 did it fine, and the same route of 4kms and a half or so, G3S is reporting to be... 90Kms, 78Kms, at a medium speed of 60 Km/h, or things like that... in both Sports tracker and Endomondo. I think it may be due to some wrong configuration using mixed units in NMEA data (something as android expecting meters and GPS returning feet). So googled for it, and discovered this forum, with a thread talking about GPS issue (google says so), a tread I can't read... lets see... "Sorry, but your usergroup is banned from viewing this thread. To become a member, please see the 'Site News and Suggestions' Forum."

Well, as said, I've bought this mobile and found it almost perfect (it's a pity only the SIM 1 is 3G enabled), and the battery stands almost two days (previous mobile neede to charge twice a day)

You should be able to switch the 3G enabled SIM without physically switching the SIMs. At least the H7500+ could do that through stock firmware. It's a capability of MTK6589, so JiaYu G3s should be able to do it too.

How about some pictures from the JiaYu G3s camera in the picture forum?
"You should be able to switch the 3G enabled SIM without physically switching the SIMs."

Yes, you can.