www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Camera Led Flash change brightness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a SKK Phoenix G1 Kitkat 4.4.2 phone bought here in the philippines i think the oem is this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. now here is my problem. there is a default flashlight app that is called TORCH. its led is very bright when i open the app. when i use the camera its flash is so dim that you cannot take picture in not so dark places. is there a way to change the brigtness level of the camera flash on the same level of the TORCH app.
Hi, welcome to Chinaphonearena. Are you sure it's not bright during taking the picture. Have you looked at the LED while taking a picture? Or is it that the flash is just mistimed (not flashing during the actual shutter action).
(2014-11-21, 16:45)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, welcome to Chinaphonearena. Are you sure it's not bright during taking the picture. Have you looked at the LED while taking a picture? Or is it that the flash is just mistimed (not flashing during the actual shutter action).

yes i have looked at the led while taking picture and you can look at it with no problems because of the weak flash output but with the TORCH app its so bright and blinding to the eyes. they really have different brightness the camera and the TORCH app.

i have attach the image of the brightness of my phone.

DSC_0010_opt / 1st picture = TORCH app

DSC_0015_opt / 2nd picture = Camera flash
Are you using the native camera app? Try using a different one, see if it will improve.
(2014-11-25, 16:39)snowboots Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the native camera app? Try using a different one, see if it will improve.

yes i am using the native camera app. i tried downloading other camera from the playstore but to no avail the flash is still weak.

i tried downloading other flashlight app too if their are some changes and still it gives me a weak light. only the TORCH app that comes with the system of the phone is bright.
(2014-11-26, 13:48)salbahengbf Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-25, 16:39)snowboots Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the native camera app? Try using a different one, see if it will improve.

yes i am using the native camera app. i tried downloading other camera from the playstore but to no avail the flash is still weak.

i tried downloading other flashlight app too if their are some changes and still it gives me a weak light. only the TORCH app that comes with the system of the phone is bright.

It sounds like a firmware issue with your phone. Since the LED is much brighter with the torch app, your phone's firmware must be preventing it from achieving full brightness when taking pictures.

I know a firmware update is a bit drastic for such a problem but I have a feeling that it might help. There is no camera app in the world that can dictate how bright the flash should get when capturing images - that's decided in the firmware. Camera apps only get to control flash timing.
(2014-11-27, 19:56)twistyplain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-26, 13:48)salbahengbf Wrote: [ -> ]

It sounds like a firmware issue with your phone. Since the LED is much brighter with the torch app, your phone's firmware must be preventing it from achieving full brightness when taking pictures.

I know a firmware update is a bit drastic for such a problem but I have a feeling that it might help. There is no camera app in the world that can dictate how bright the flash should get when capturing images - that's decided in the firmware. Camera apps only get to control flash timing.

Sad too bad. i dont know if the manufacturer would update this phone. i cannot see SYSTEM UPDATE options from the settings menu. do you have any informations from the oem of this phone so i could contact them regarding this. any help is appreciated. thank you. Blush

i tried looking at the internet for the stock jelly bean rom but i cant seem to find it.
is there a way i can edit the firmware or some tutorial how to tinker with it? Big Grin