www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew v3 and LG G Watch R: BT connection issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I am still using my black iNew V3 with lots of pleasure. I currently run the 1.0.13 KitKat (from needrom, wilsey) and it is running OK! However, I have now purchased a new gadget: a LG G watch R. Very nice, connecting OK with my iNew, so far so good ... I only have 2 issues that I cannot solve:

- if I connect my watch and my carkit (in new volvo v40) the audio of the carkit gets messed up. I need to disconnect my watch in order to get the audio being understandable.
- Connection to the watch is going OK, except for the situation where I "ask" the watch "OK Google", following by a question as "show the weather". Then my watch notifies me that connection is offline. Swiping away this message strangely shows that connection is actually still ok!

Do both issues have anything to do with the bluetooth connection / version / protocol that the iNew V3 runs? Anybody facing similar issues and got it solved?

Thanks!
Nobody has an idea? .... it would be great to get some support .... thanks in advance!!!
(2014-11-28, 03:45)Troxelke Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody has an idea? .... it would be great to get some support .... thanks in advance!!!

Maybe what you may be experiencing is a bandwidth issue. iNew V3 has Bluetooth 2.0 which has much lower bandwidth than the now ubiquitous BT 4.0. The only advanced feature in BT 2.0 is A2DP.

Of course it might be because the OS is not optimized for Android Wear. As far as I can tell, the OS you got from Needrom is KitKat 4.4.2. Google was to later release and android version, 4.4w, specifically optimized for Android Wear devices like your LG G watch R. Since it was never officially released, I guess we can assume that it's Lollipop.

If the audio for the car kit works well if the G Watch is not connected to the phone, it most probably is a bandwidth issue. It might also be incompatibility/conflicts with the profiles that the car kit and G watch use -OR- since we are talking about Bluetooth and choppy audio, it might be interference from another wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz short-range frequency.