www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Gmaps problems with my Lenovo s939
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, Im having problems with my GMaps fcing every now and then. I am thinking this is because of a AutoNavi service which is the default location service and it asks for confirmation when you are turning the location service on, even though Autonavi is not included in the Custom VIBEIU V1.5 1434 Rom.

Anyone knows how to switch to Google Location instead or the filename of this process so that I can freeze it?
Hmm... No one facing this issue?
(2014-11-30, 04:10)cyfer33 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... No one facing this issue?
Nope! You are using an old S939 ROM it is already Vibe2.0 1439, but to answer your question in the stock vibe 1.5 1434 there is driver (in system/lib) that refers to Baidu maps that has to be deleted but I would prefer that you use a customs Vibe2.0 1439 ROM that is AOSP compatible (like my S939 prerooted AOSP ROM) that has no issue using Googlemaps/HERE Maps (Nokia)/SygicMaps).Although it FC on the first use but you can uninstall it and redownload GoogleMaps from Playstore again and it WILL work fine there after.
Yes, I have heard of Baidu Maps in some forums. Btw, you referring to the following 1439 Rom below is it?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Its just that Ive spend a considerable amount of time setting this up and its such a shame that I couldnt get Gmaps working after all this.

Updated!
Okay bro, went ahead and installed VIBE2.0 1439 but Im kinda disappointed to be greeted by 2 things:-

1) The dreaded Autonavi Location service greeted me on the very 1st boot asking to agree or not to accept data collection!

2) Half of the Apps which I think are mostly Lenovo's are not installed correctly with broken links.

Did I do something wrong? I did the usual stuffs for a clean install like:

Reboot to CWM/CT Recovery and do:
a)Wipe data/factory reset
b)Wipe cache partition
c)Mount and storage
d)Format data
e)Format system
f)Format cache
g)Back to Advanced and wipe dalvik cache
h)Install zip from sdcard
If you must you will have to download the latest VIBE2.o 1439 with after doing a full wipe of the phone using S129 4.2.2 firmware in which it bwill install together with TWRP (to clean up all the mess on the phone)
This version is the last version in SPFlashTool format before you can upgrade to VIBE2.0 1439 (via TWRP flashable zips) (there are minimal problems from Malaysian users, I dont know about your problems you are facing when using my firmware.All LENOVO apps are working correctly since I am also using S9393 and now moving on K910 Vibe Z.
S129 with TWRP SPFlashtool format : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
All tools and drivers can be requested from my Forum : [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Okay thks, so shall I just flash S129 4.2.2 w/TWRP via SD Card or via SP Flash Tool and, once installed reboot into TWRP and install VIBE2.0 1439?

Btw, Im Malaysian too but working in Singapore for some years now...