www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: KitKat O.S. - How to center the clock in the status bar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we have tutorials for centering a clock for kitkat operating systems? I cant seem to find the codes for xml.
Hi, have you tried Gravity Box Xposed Module to make the changes? The Xposed framework can enable you to center your Android clock.

Gravity Box is the most comprehensive and easy to use tweak tool for AOSP. If your ROM is heavily customized, there is a slim chance that it might not work. Centering the clock sounds like a simple tweak so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it.
yeah, but its a ram eater. I need exact codes for this kitkat o.s. I cant seem to find one.
(2014-12-02, 12:47)maxi247 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, but its a ram eater. I need exact codes for this kitkat o.s. I cant seem to find one.

I don't know any other way - sorry. Have you tried to look for the XML codes in forums where people discussed Xposed tweaks? I think there must be a code for that tweak somewhere.
My understanding is that this was formerly done in the SystemUI APK.

Once decompiled, it should be here: DECOMPILED_DIR/res/layout/status_bar.xml

Is this no longer true for KitKat?
I don't know if they changed how KitKat works (I doubt they did because why fix something if it's not broken?). What I do know is that there is an Xposed module made specifically for centering the clock on the status bar. If the OP cannot live with the RAM-hungry nature of Gravity Box, he should try to look for the XML scripts from people who understand how the Xposed module works. I'm pretty sure the module uses some scripts to work. If it does, the OP should try to find them.
It is now located at gemini_statusbar.. things are different now.
I stand corrected - I guess you'll have to leave the clock where it is - sorry Dunno