www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [BBC] European MPs want Google break-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
European MPs want Google break-up

A landmark vote at the European Parliament has called for Google's search business to be separated from its other businesses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-302...hannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa
Maybe the parliamentarians are tired of this foreign company that will stop at nothing to increase profits. I'm pretty sure that if Google originated from the U.K., nobody would be targeting them for destruction.
Funny, I almost the exact same point typed up, but got distracted and didn't finish it. If Google was a UK based company, I doubt this would be happening (maybe it would be USA trying to break it up Big Grin ).

On a side note, I really like Google. The internet and technology in general would be a different landscape if it wasn't for them. Bye bye Android, bye bye free 15GB email accounts. Bye bye lots and lots. They've catapulted us far beyond where we would be otherwise.
(2014-11-29, 15:44)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I almost the exact same point typed up, but got distracted and didn't finish it. If Google was a UK based company, I doubt this would be happening (maybe it would be USA trying to break it up Big Grin ).

On a side note, I really like Google. The internet and technology in general would be a different landscape if it wasn't for them. Bye bye Android, bye bye free 15GB email accounts. Bye bye lots and lots. They've catapulted us far beyond where we would be otherwise.

This fiasco has got U.S. and E.U. lawyers locked in a battle royal. I don't understand what these guys have a problem with. Google was founded almost two decades ago and as a tech company, it makes sense for it to be as huge as it is now. I just think that these guys are envious that Google is making so much money in Europe and sending it back home. German publishers tried to sue Google for royalties because of using snippets of their websites on Google News. Google stopped featuring German sites and traffic to the sites almost fell to zero. The Germans had to beg Google to resume showing content from their sites on Google News. Though this battle officially ended, I think it has now entered a cold war stage.