www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Black Screen MTK6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I currently have a bricked star u9501 i always get black screen. I already tried many roms and the best that i can get is one from needrom that i flashed but it gaves me black screen and i can hear the sounds of the rom.

That rom that i flashed, i already had flashed and it worked. But then i flashed other rom and the only difference was that the other rom had uboot and secro files. So probably that files screwed everything.

I tried many roms to come back to stock but it didn't work. Can someone help me? Anyone have a stock rom that can provide?

thanks in advance
Is there anyone that can provide a backup rom from this phone to see if i can make it reborn?
Have you tried this one? [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Quote: That rom that i flashed, i already had flashed and it worked. But then i flashed other rom and the only difference was that the other rom had uboot and secro files. So probably that files screwed everything.
This is quite confusing. If you had already found a ROM that worked, why not re-flash that?
Or was that the ROM that gave you a black screen?
uboot and secro files are integral parts of the firmware. Are you saying you tried flashing ROMs without those files?
(2014-12-01, 17:21)Athos Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Quote: That rom that i flashed, i already had flashed and it worked. But then i flashed other rom and the only difference was that the other rom had uboot and secro files. So probably that files screwed everything.
This is quite confusing. If you had already found a ROM that worked, why not re-flash that?
Or was that the ROM that gave you a black screen?
uboot and secro files are integral parts of the firmware. Are you saying you tried flashing ROMs without those files?

Yeah i tried that. What i'm saying is that i flashed one time that ROM and in the files given there were no secro and uboot files to flash.
And the rom started well but i touch in the screen and nothing happened. Then i try to flash another rom but after that i get black screen even if i try flash that rom again
Do you flash all files of the ROM? Including preloader?
If you have different parts of different ROMs in there, the phone might be looking for certain files or drivers that aren't there, therefore it won't work.

Was that the first ROM you tried? I think that means you had the correct uboot files then. But since you tried different ones with uboot and secro files, the correct ones were overwritten. I guess you have to find the ROM that gave you the correct uboot.

It is risky to format and flash unless you are 100% sure of the ROM you are using. But that is an option.

Also an option is to ask your seller for a copy of the ROM.