www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: help flashing a stock rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i first tried this one
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
but when i followed image 4 i loaded the scatter but couldnt choose any of the other options they were blank ?

so i tried this one
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
i turned phone off and removed battery then selected download and put the battery in but nothing happened Undecided
Are there any errors when you first load the SPMD tool?

Make sure you have the entire ROM downloaded and extracted and load the scatter within that ROM's folder.
cant see any errors, and i did extract scatter from within the rom

just tried this on another computer and i got a load bin error

MTK_AllInOne_DA
regarding error, If you just copied it over to another computer (instead of extracting it from the .rar/.zip), it will remember the previous location of the MTK_allinone_da and be looking for it there. You can delete the .ini, or just repoint the tool to the correct folder where you copied the flash tool to.

regarding not seeing as shown in the images, that is very strange, if you extracted the full ROM and pointed the flash tool to that folder and these boxes comes up blank. I really don't know what to advise here.
when u say pointed are you regarding where u put the scatter in or is there something ive missed

ive noticed in the device manager that when i connected the usb to the pc mt65xx preloader pops up with yellow exclamation mark then dissapears

help think i bricked the phone
i got pc to see phone so i used smart tools i changed download to firmware upgrade the scatter was loaded
removed battery and clicked download, i put battery back in and waited 10 seconds then it just failed but now phone wont come back on
(2014-12-01, 22:13)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]regarding error, If you just copied it over to another computer (instead of extracting it from the .rar/.zip), it will remember the previous location of the MTK_allinone_da and be looking for it there. You can delete the .ini, or just repoint the tool to the correct folder where you copied the flash tool to.

regarding not seeing as shown in the images, that is very strange, if you extracted the full ROM and pointed the flash tool to that folder and these boxes comes up blank. I really don't know what to advise here.

Looks like @will65mcmanus has a driver issue.

(2014-12-01, 23:19)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]when u say pointed are you regarding where u put the scatter in or is there something ive missed

ive noticed in the device manager that when i connected the usb to the pc mt65xx preloader pops up with yellow exclamation mark then dissapears

help think i bricked the phone
i got pc to see phone so i used smart tools i changed download to firmware upgrade the scatter was loaded
removed battery and clicked download, i put battery back in and waited 10 seconds then it just failed but now phone wont come back on

The errors you are seeing are because of a driver issue. You can't download firmware with SP Flash Tools unless you install the drivers for the mt65xx preloader. Below is a tutorial on how to install the drivers properly. The first thing you have to do is to download and install the latest version of PdaNet - it should install the drivers needed for your phone. Also, search the web for VCOM drivers for your phone/SoC. You usually get them in an archive which you can extract to a folder on the desktop.

The hardest part is to install drivers correctly.
Her'e how to do it if you use Windows Vista/7. For Windows 8, you must allow unsigned drivers in the Device Manager settings.

1>>Open device manager and don't minimize it!!
2>>Pull the battery out of the phone.
3>>Now that battery is out, connect usb cable to the phone then to PC.
***For some seconds, a device called MT65XX preloader will pop up
4>>When you see it, double-click on it (quickly) because it will only appear for 2 seconds
5>>Now we have the device properties, we can install its drivers correctly

6>>Go to Driver tab
7>>Press Update Driver
8>>Choose "search automatically for updated driver software" if you installed PdaNet. If the drivers are found and installed, go to SP Flash Tools and try to install the ROM - it should work as long as the downloaded .zip file is not damaged.

9>>If the drivers are not found, (I'm assuming you found VCOM drivers for your phone/SoC and have extracted them to a folder on the desktop), go back and repeat steps 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and then skip to #10
10>>Choose "browse my computer for driver software"
11>>Find the VCOM drivers folder you extracted to the desktop
12>>Choose drivers for your system (xp/vista/win7)
13>>Choose 32 or 64 bit folder
14>>Press okay and it will install the drivers correctly
>>(Optional) Restart your PC and DISCONNECT THE PHONE!!!

Once this is done, go to SP flash tools and try to install the firmware.

I may or may not be right about how to properly use PdaNet. It's been ages since I last used it. On the bright side, installing the VCOM drivers is guaranteed to work.
thanks guys but its currently a brick lol
(2014-12-02, 21:00)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]thanks guys but its currently a brick lol

If you give a little more information, maybe we might be able to help.
1. How is the phone behaving when you push the power button. Is the backlight coming on at all?
2.What if you disconnect the battery and plug into a PC. Is the MT65xx preloader making an appearance in device manager?
3. What were you doing when the phone went into its current state (bricked). Did you download firmware with SP Flash Tools to a point until you encountered some kind of error/failure?

Bottom line is that if it ain't hard-bricked, then it ain't bricked at all - software/firmware failures can always be fixed.
its all sorted kind of im trying to flash the latest v8 but there is no preloader can you use one from anotehr image ?