www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: i think my v8 is bricked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-12-03, 04:37)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]i was still able to flash rom
with exclamations still there
casn you tell me if a firmware has no preloader or cach can you just add them from a different rom ?

The MTK preloader is the bootloader for MediaTek devices and it is highly device-specific. Each device should have its own specific preloader but there are cases where a preloader from one phone can work on another but the SoC MUST be the same. E.g. you might get a preloader from a MT6592 to work on another MT6592 device but it cannot work on a MT6582 SoC. Taking a preloader from another phone is pretty much hit-and-miss so good luck - I advise against it because you can brick your phone all over again.

Preloaders are not meant to be interchanged - that is the reason why they are included in the firmware.
thanks m8 i wont bother then
(2014-12-03, 05:35)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]thanks m8 i wont bother then

What is the problem (if any) with your phone right now?
(2014-12-03, 00:12)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]ok i followed the following

a. Go to Device Manager, click on Ports.
b. From the menu bar, select Action -> Add legacy hardware -> Next
c. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list
d. Select Show All Devices -> Next
e. Click on Have Disk -> Browse. Then point to ...\MTK_USB_ADB_Ultimate\All MTK USB Driver 2014\All MTK Drivers\MT65xx Preloader\Win7\usb2ser_Win7 or usb2ser_Win764 for 64-bit -> OK
f. Under Model select MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
g. Repeat b-e and select model MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port

i now have the two ports mentioned but they have yellow exclamation marks

You just ignore those. It should work

Ahh ok Sorry, a little too late to respond. Glad it worked
Pages: 1 2