www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Needing image for iocean X7 Elite MTK6589T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all I have iocean X7 Elite MTK6589T 32Gb.

But I hard bricked it (no recovery mode).
Does anyone have a backup or image that can share with me ?
I tried all versions of SP Flash tools out there... I get stuck on 100 % of the red bar and I get "Enable DRAM failed" or close to this error with the different versions.
Hi cherva welcome to chinaphonearena.

Here is a stock ROM for x7 elite [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Use the latest of v5 series flash tool for flashing, not v3 series. You can find that in MTK General Tools forum, Alternate SP flash tool stickied thread.
Hmm,
same result.
Even on a different windows pc.
I even opened the phone to confirm the CPU.
It is Mediatek MT6589WTK.

[Image: 311njid.jpg]
[Image: 29ymgsg.jpg]
Are you running flash tool as administrator?
Have you tried using download and firmware upgrade? Both not working?
Tried pressing down on power or volume buttons, or any combination of those while flashing?
If the error comes up again, please post the error code and what it says.
(2014-12-09, 16:33)cherva Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm,
same result.
Even on a different windows pc.
I even opened the phone to confirm the CPU.
It is Mediatek MT6589WTK.

[Image: 311njid.jpg]
[Image: 29ymgsg.jpg]

How about this...
With the phone disconnected and without battery, open SP Flash Tools, load scatter file from downloaded ROM and click "download". SP Flash Tools will start waiting for the phone to connect (hope you have installed VCOM drivers).

Now connect USB cable to phone and then to PC. As soon as you do that, things will start happening on Flash Tools. Look at the progress bars at the bottom of SP Flash Tools. As soon as the red progress bar comes up, pop the battery into the phone and tell us how it goes.

Note: If your phone is bricked, I'd recommend that you start with an official ROM.
I'm always running Flash tools as administrator.
Currently changing drivers from the pack in the forum,
on two different PCs,
on both "download" and "firmware upgrade" as soon as the red bar goes to 100% the program stops responding, and the "flash_tool.exe has stopped working" windows popup shows.
Probably something messed up with the drivers ?
Cherva, are you by any chance using windows 8/8.1?
Not very sure if it is an incompatibility for iOcean and Windows 8. But what you are describing is also a problem I faced with my X7s on Windows 8.1.
I believe I was able to flash successfully once out of maybe fifty tries. I ran SP Flash Tool in compatibility mode with Windows 7, then flashed with power button pressed down the entire time (pressed down when connecting to PC) no battery inserted. My driver setup is as I described in the tutorial on Windows 8 drivers.
But like I said, that was once. Even now, I have difficulty with my iOcean. Other phones are no problem with the exact same set up.

My solution to the X7s is to use Windows 7 instead. And use the v5 series of SP Flash Tool, not v3. But still requires the power button pressed down throughout the flashing process.
I sense that the iOceans are problematic.
I on all 4 machines I used Win 7.
Tomorrow I will definitely try with the power button pressed, I tried all the combinations except this one.

Will write to you tomorrow. Smiling Rolleyes
Hmm everyday a different situation.
Keeping the power button doesn't seem to help.
At least now Flash Tools did not crash.
I got this:
BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)

[EMI] Enable DRAM Failed !
[HINT]:
Please check your load matches to you target whitch is to be downloaded.

This is with image: MP_mt89_v9_x7_ousheng_jb2_hw_20130705-174504_zhangmeng_PC
Okay, but use firmware upgrade instead of download.
There is another user who solved the same error just by getting the drivers installed correctly.

I suggest you try the same. Fresh new installation of drivers and sp flash tool (wouldn't take too long)

But make sure to clean out all previous drivers.
Good luck!
Pages: 1 2