www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: I need rooting tools for MT6582 version 4.4.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please I need rooting tools to root my MID tablet with the following specification...MT6582 android version 4.4.2, architecture: ARM CORTEX-A7, Renderer: Mali-400 MP. thanks
Rooting tools are found in the important threads here. start with the recent version of iroot. But try all 8 tools

There is a long method. Just look at previous threads abt rooting. Like this [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] read post 2
I'd been through every root procedure I could find for my SharperView SC-155 (mt6582) that I recently got off newegg for about $150. None of the root tutorials worked, and from what I could tell its because of the 3.6.7 kernel and android 4.4.2 being new enough to correct those exploits.

I finally decided I was going to have to get the /system partition mounted rw somehow and just place the su binary on it myself, which in fact worked. The actual rooting process was convoluted and done entirely from within linux after having already followed all the procedures to create and flash CWM.

Essentially, what I did was:

1) adb shell into the phone while it was in CWM
2) dd the partition for the system folder into a file on the /sdcard
3) adb pull that file and then copy it into a new file (so file size would be identical)
4) format the new file ext4 (corruption of the image seemed to be preventing mounting rw at all)
5) mount both files in separate folder loopback
6) rsync all the contents off the original system image folder into the new one
6.1) at this point I copied the actual su binary from the latest SuperSU zip file to /system/bin
6.2) I also modified the build.prop with an editor to disable the annoying bootup video, and lowered dpi
7) umount both files, adb push the new system image file to /sdcard
8) dd the new image back onto the correct device /dev/mmcXXXX from adb shell again
9) flash the SuperSU zip file from CWM, reboot the phone

This procedure is actually pretty dangerous if you do not pay very close attention to device/partition names. You also need to really understand the correct rsync options and generally know what you are doing in linux.

I don't really see writing this up in a detailed tutorial as a very good idea because I can just imagine all the bricked devices I would have created, especially from people who do not know linux.

That said, if you are desperate (like I was getting), you've already done everything else, and you do know what you are doing, this method worked.
sorry i dont really know much about Linux so i dont think it would be advisable for me to try that
Nice to see someone that does know what he's doing, share experiences. Needless to say backups are always essential for this kind of work. It actually reminded me of the changes I made to the system of one phone just to get rid of the terrible rw protection, using linux to mount and create a new system.img
And I totally agree with you, not suitable for newbies.
Keep up your good work!