www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Update] Phishing Malware Found on Several China Brand Phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phishing Malware Found on Several China Brand Phones

Image byMalware dubbed “DeathRing” has recently been found pre-installed in several China brands. At a thread on Chinaphonearena, some users are discussing this situation. The models found to be affected so far are: Counterfeit Samsung GS4/Note II Various TECNO devices Gionee Gpad G1 Gionee GN708W Gionee GN800 Polytron Rocket S2350 Hi-Tech Amaze Tab Karbonn TA-FONE A34/A37 […]

http://www.gizbeat.com/6137/phishing-mal...nd-phones/
I thought Chinese companies were done with this nonsense. How do they include malware in their phones when it's bound to get discovered sooner or later? This is unacceptable and might cause many people (like myself) to blacklist any device from these companies.
it can be someone else putting it in, like he said in the article. that would be more unfortunate because the manufacturers are unknowing of it and have no control.
Yeah, the manufacturers are probably innocent. I know of numerous resellers that offer to customize the phones they sell (root, custom ROMs, recoveries, etc.) Most of these resellers genuinely want to help their customers out but there must be others who have less-than-noble intentions when tweaking phones.

I think manufacturers should crack down on these unscrupulous dealers and deny them reselling rights.