www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MKT6589T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this possible to root mkt 6589T?
Yes. No problem.
(2013-06-16, 13:51)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. No problem.

hy giz

which step to follow to root mkt6589t?

thk 4 reply
Follow the steps in the main Root forum. See the sticky thread.
There are no differences between MTK6589 and MTK6589T in terms of rooting.
Things weren't quite so simple on my Tianhe H920+, but there are some steps I haven't tried yet. Quite possibly due to other factors than the T processor, though.
I bought a Star X920 Butterfly plus mtk6589t and haven't been able to root it thusfar. As RDMKR stated, there could be other factors involved, besides the "t"...
This is what I tried (I tried other methods, but none seem to work):
1) I ran SnapPea (to install the drivers)
2) with taskmanager I killed wandoujia-helper
3) I ran [root program] (to install Superuser). I ran the "run.bat" file as an administrator.
4) all went well, SuperSU was installed on the phone, but then I got the message: "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem"

Anybody has a mtk6589t rooted? Anybody has any advice?

Thank you!!
(2013-08-04, 19:34)space134 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2013-08-04, 19:34)space134 Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a Star X920 Butterfly plus mtk6589t and haven't been able to root it thusfar. As RDMKR stated, there could be other factors involved, besides the "t"...
This is what I tried (I tried other methods, but none seem to work):
1) I ran SnapPea (to install the drivers)
2) with taskmanager I killed wandoujia-helper
3) I ran [root program] (to install Superuser). I ran the "run.bat" file as an administrator.
4) all went well, SuperSU was installed on the phone, but then I got the message: "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem"

Anybody has a mtk6589t rooted? Anybody has any advice?

Thank you!!

Follow the sticky in this forum.
I finally got my phone rooted. Yipee! Smiling
Pages: 1 2