www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Win or Fail] OnePlus One Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The OnePlus One is a mighty tempting phone. It's a damn shame they didn't get more to market faster, but even 6 months after its initial release it's still a pretty gnarly bang-for-the-buck.
(2014-12-02, 01:11)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]The OnePlus One is a mighty tempting phone. It's a damn shame they didn't get more to market faster, but even 6 months after its initial release it's still a pretty gnarly bang-for-the-buck.

I think OnePlus can make a lot more phones but they seem to enjoy the exclusivity of their phones. I think it's the first time they are offering the One to people who don't have referrals - looks like they are ready to make their phones available to the masses.
My understanding (from reading a couple of Reddit Ask-Me-Anything posts with the OnePlus guys) is that they were deliberately cautious to release the phone slowly and discover/fix any bugs along the way. The slow release was all about risk mitigation.

....but, yeah. It seemed like a really cheesy, hokey marketing campaign full of hype and with nothing backing it up.
Six months is a pretty long time to find and fix bugs IMHO. I think OnePlus has finally realized that this referral bull is a marketing ploy that has gone all sorts of wrong. Even if they started mass-producing the One, it will be hard to make great sales on a phone that packs previous generation hardware. The only way to save their business is to make another flagship killer and make it available from the get-go this time.
And hopefully it will be a dual sim...
(2014-12-14, 05:13)nikstar Wrote: [ -> ]And hopefully it will be a dual sim...

I just realized how far off-topic we have gone with this thread - we should apologize to the OP for talking about things totally unrelated to the original post.
I think they thought they could do survive on hype alone. Build up a ton of hype when the product wasn't even close to being released and then people just get sick of waiting and buy something else in the meantime.
Huzzah! Thread split and improved. Thanks @NexusTrix (or whomever else had a hand in this).

I honestly don't know if these guys knew the amount of demand their hype was creating, nor if they anticipated the tremendous delays they had. It seems like their hype was about 10x what it needed to be based on their actual supply. What was intended to really help them make sales was taken too far and actually ended up giving them a big ol' black eye. Damn shame.