www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: INew v8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own since few weeks this smartphone, and it looks good, excluding the following :
I am not able to configure the sensor Alps_ps , and every time a have a call, the screen does not turns off and the contact of ear or hairs touch Aero icon or opens some windows and the conversation ends. The only solution is to configure the power button to lock the screen . Is there a way to exclude this sensor? I tried to explain in the best way this trouble hoping someone can help me.
Thank you
I understand what you're asking, unfortunately I don't have an iNew V8 to test around with.

It seems that there was a user having problems with his iNew V3's proximity sensor. I didn't see the problem get resolved:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You can try calibrating it in MediaTek's Engineer mode. From this thread:
(2013-10-30, 14:21)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-29, 19:03)Donnocha Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I also am having trouble with the proximity sensor which makes it difficult using the phone except if I'm using some hands-free option. You mentioned being able to fix this using engineer settings. How do I access those?

you can try the engineer mode dial *#*#3646633#*#*. go to *other extra* > *psensor*. then hold your finger over the proximity sensor. that should calibrate it.

another way, is to use the app from google play. look on play for *calibrate proximity*.
I had all of a sudden a such a problem and I solve it with a good cleaning.
Brilliant and gross. All at the same time.
(2014-12-23, 05:11)nikstar Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You can try calibrating it in MediaTek's Engineer mode. From this thread:
(2013-10-30, 14:21)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-29, 19:03)Donnocha Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I also am having trouble with the proximity sensor which makes it difficult using the phone except if I'm using some hands-free option. You mentioned being able to fix this using engineer settings. How do I access those?

you can try the engineer mode dial *#*#3646633#*#*. go to *other extra* > *psensor*. then hold your finger over the proximity sensor. that should calibrate it.

another way, is to use the app from google play. look on play for *calibrate proximity*.

Thank you very much for interest. I've read many posts and discovered that this is a common problem not for all but for many.
I will try the solution suggested, and will revert, but how to disable proximity and/or light sensor without creating problems to others apps and do this with no root permits?
Appreciate & thanks.

Update. Engineer mode : calibration FAIL, what means assistance?
How do I take screenshots with inew v8 plus?
(2015-08-14, 02:05)Bryanl Wrote: [ -> ]How do I take screenshots with inew v8 plus?

Hold volume down and power button at the same time. It takes some practice
(2015-08-14, 02:11)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-14, 02:05)Bryanl Wrote: [ -> ]How do I take screenshots with inew v8 plus?

Hold volume down and power button at the same time. It takes some practice

I got it...thank you