www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Update] THL 4000 Review – MT6582M 4.7″ 540p Sub-$100 Phone Done Right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2014-12-31, 12:21)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Are you getting an 'x', or its coming up but no signal, or the signal icons aren't showing up at all?

What's IMEI say in "About phone" when they're both inserted and when only ones inserted?

What about mobile networks in settings. Any clues there?

It's not recognizing the sims at all when both are inserted
No icon, nothing.

Different IMEI's are there but nothing else. Mobile networks don't help.

Something interesting is that once in a while, when rebooting, sim 1 will magically show up when both sims are inserted. If I reboot it will disappear again. Makes no sense.
I'm assuming that IMEI show fine when both Sims are inserted. But no icon... Its very strange.

Did you by chance insert the Sims incorrectly first go around? That shouldn't have shorted anything, but just curious.

Also make sure the connecting prongs aren't bent and making contact with the ones above.

You might want to try the newest ROM if not already on it. It makes no sense to be a software issue, but I suppose it's not impossible.
(2014-12-31, 17:20)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming that IMEI show fine when both Sims are inserted. But no icon... Its very strange.

Did you by chance insert the Sims incorrectly first go around? That shouldn't have shorted anything, but just curious.

Also make sure the connecting prongs aren't bent and making contact with the ones above.

You might want to try the newest ROM if not already on it. It makes no sense to be a software issue, but I suppose it's not impossible.

It could be the way I inserted the sims initially and the prongs were bent. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to see in there. I may have to take it to my local tech guys. In the meantime I'm using it as a single sim phone with my Tmobile UK number and the other sim is back in the jiayu g5. The Lenovo k910 remains my primary phone for now.

At $90 there's no point in returning it for a replacement, shipping would cost as much as the phone!
It seems unlikely the prongs are bent, but it might be worth a look. I can see mine with the naked eye. 3 face down and 3 face up. They're right next to each other.

I'd also recommend trying the newest ROM for the heck of it.

Last, but not least try replacing NVRAM with mine.

None of these seem fairly plausable, but its also implausible that its some sort of main board error if they're working singly.
(2014-12-31, 19:32)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]It seems unlikely the prongs are bent, but it might be worth a look. I can see mine with the naked eye. 3 face down and 3 face up. They're right next to each other.

None of these seem fairly plausable, but its also implausible that its some sort of main board error if they're working singly.

You are the man! One prong was bent. Everything is fine now. Thanks a million (actually thanks $90)! ☺
(2015-01-02, 00:30)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-31, 19:32)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]It seems unlikely the prongs are bent, but it might be worth a look. I can see mine with the naked eye. 3 face down and 3 face up. They're right next to each other.

You are the man! One prong was bent. Everything is fine now. Thanks a million (actually thanks $90)! ☺

Very good news @twotems . Was hoping for a positive ending here.
If it were by amazon Sad
Man, this thread makes me happy. Thanks for the heads-up on this phone, @Twotems . You got some insanely fast shipping, dude! Wow!
(2015-01-06, 01:57)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Man, this thread makes me happy. Thanks for the heads-up on this phone, @Twotems . You got some insanely fast shipping, dude! Wow!

Thanks. Dhl China to Fla was 3 days. It's been very good so far. The battery is a beast, I'll post some gsam numbers tomorrow but so far with wifi always on and about 90 minutes of screen (the rest was standby) time it lost only 5% in 24 hours. About 0.4% per hour I think. Fantastic value. I could very easily use it as my daily phone without any qualms.

Here's the gsam as promised. No calls as both lines are roaming. My 3g sim is in slot 2 and the sim im slot 1(the actual 3g slot) is an old sim so only 2g. [attachment=2142]
I want. I want so bad. I might end up buying one of these later today or this week.

I've been hella hard on my battery lately with continual phone usage. Just this morning, it's 9:30am, I've texted a bit, watched half of a youtube video, played the stupid Simpsons game for 10 minutes, and streamed a podcast via bluetooth on my way to work. Less than 2 hours off the charger and I've already used 11% of my battery.

5% in 24 hours is unreal, man. Absolutely unreal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6