www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: please advice!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys please advice which phone I buy?

Elephone P3000S Wink

Elephone P6000 Drool

UMI Zero Puppy Eyes

thanks!!!! Big Grin
The Umi if 900/2100 is okay. Tried and true.

Elephone has been very shaky.
(2014-12-25, 16:28)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]The Umi if 900/2100 is okay. Tried and true.

thanks!! what do you mean shaky? it has problematic devices? Drool
Umi Zero is way too expensive. Go with Elephone P3000s. Nice device
yes! it is 30-40 euros more expensive....and I must admit Elephone is much loved in my eyes!
I read on some other thread that the P3000 had serious build problems. Overheating and faulty speaker, I believe. Will post the link to the thread when I find it.

Elephone has paused production of P3000 and P3000s due to the phones' problems.

UMI has a good reputation on build quality.
this is correct ..UMI it is much better quality....it is a reason I must consider before buying...
but UMI has also support for official ROMS or custom etc?
The ROM should be good from the beginning. Umi is a respected name and would be surprised to see a phone come with a buggy ROM.
I was also looking seriously at the Elephone range of cell phones. However, aside from possible build questions raised on the internet forums for some of its models, the main reason that turned me away from them was the battery duration. Most Chinese (Android) smartphones have plenty of features for unbelievable low prices compared to mainstream smartphones (Samsung, Motorola, Nokia, etc) and the build quality has become of acceptable standards. But the killer to making a definite choice is the battery duration!!! While the mainstream smartphone makers have done an excellent job in making their phones last very well (at least more than 1 24-hour day) , Chinese smartphone makers are still playing catch up. Battery technology has not advanced as fast as other hardware of late, and I don't expect the situation to improve in the near future. So if you think that China-made "world's slimmest smartphone" is that thin, don't forget to "add" the thickness of a power bank which will be needed to power the device for the entire day...
Sooooooo... which frequencies do you require?? I would consider that the first and minimum starting point before you even begin to look.

(2014-12-25, 16:42)gesamgr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-25, 16:28)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]The Umi if 900/2100 is okay. Tried and true.

thanks!! what do you mean shaky? it has problematic devices? Drool