www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Jiayu G4S MTK6592 cannot restore IMEI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just flashed a 4.4.2 kitkat rom on my Jiayu G4S rom from 4.2.2 . I did not make a backup or saved NVRAM, just copied my IMEI number. The phone has root access, supersu and adb on it.

I use MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3 to root the phone so i can change IMEi and I get the following error: --- ERROR : file adbd not install !

I have the android usb drivers installed on my pc, I already tried 3 different versions including the ones from the ultimate pack (All MTK USB Driver 2014) . No tutorial explains what to do if this happens. I really need help as my phone is basically an ipod now. I downloaded a nvram backup from another identical phone if i need to use it. Please help me Big Grin Thank you.
Does Droid Tools say you have root shell access?
Check that you have USB Debugging enabled on your phone
I recommend removing the multiple versions of drivers and just install pdanet
Also make sure busybox is installed and rooted. This is normally required for root shell access.
Fixed! The problem was the adbd driver on my computer. I took your suggestion and installed ONLY pdanet on another computer and it worked. Got my IMEI back and I cannot make/receive calls now!