www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [NYTimes] Writers Are Mixed Over Amazon Unlimited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Writers Are Mixed Over Amazon Unlimited

Six months after its introduction, Kindle Unlimited is proving controversial and disruptive, just like so many other Amazon innovations.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/01/01...unlimited/
It was already stated, they can opt out of the KU program. If there is a lack of avenues where they can reroute to, maybe a start-up to go up against Amazon would be a good idea. I think Amazon has already proven that the appreciation for books and literature is not a ghost, so a competitor would not be a far fetched idea. If there is a significant number of self-published writers that feel the KU is disruptive to their livelihood, that would be a good starting point
The bigger you are, the bigger the target is.

Imagine these indie writers trying to make it without Amazon. Simple fact is, they likely wouldn't. They should be on their knees thanking Amazon for giving them this avenue of livelihood.

Can't believe what I'm reading here. "I used to make 5 figures a month - 20k, now I'm only making 4".
Boo hoo. Not making 200k a year? Are you shitting me? They need a huge reality check.

And this guy who wrote the "article". How on earth did he get a job writing for NYT.