www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: s7589 screen problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. My s7589's screen behaves in a strange way. It certainly lacks of backlight, and all the colors are oversaturated (e.g. the green sector of the Google Chrome's icon has the color of an avocado) - all the dark colors are nearly black, the skin tone is either greenish or reddish. Can you give me some piece of advice on that please?
(2013-06-21, 06:51)mSa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. My s7589's screen behaves in a strange way. It certainly lacks of backlight, and all the colors are oversaturated (e.g. the green sector of the Google Chrome's icon has the color of an avocado) - all the dark colors are nearly black, the skin tone is either greenish or reddish. Can you give me some piece of advice on that please?

1 - Was it always like this?
2 - Is it the stock firmware?
3 - Have you tried different firmware?
1. Yes, it was like this since I've received the phone. But comparing my one with the others I can say that mine certainly does have some display problems.
2. No, the firmware is max 3 hd v5 from the needrom.
3. The problem was seen on stock chineese android 4.2.1, on max 3 hd v5 from the needrom and on the 4.2.1 made by some russian guy called Phoenix, which I been trying to install using the RX_572OTM_501A lcd driver, and then the RX_572OTM_572A one. Both the drivers worked, both in the same way.
(2013-06-21, 20:48)mSa Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes, it was like this since I've received the phone. But comparing my one with the others I can say that mine certainly does have some display problems.
2. No, the firmware is max 3 hd v5 from the needrom.
3. The problem was seen on stock chineese android 4.2.1, on max 3 hd v5 from the needrom and on the 4.2.1 made by some russian guy called Phoenix, which I been trying to install using the RX_572OTM_501A lcd driver, and then the RX_572OTM_572A one. Both the drivers worked, both in the same way.
It does sound like some sort of LCD driver issue, or possibly a hardware issue with the LCD.

Unless you find someone who has solved the issue with the same model, I'd return the phone. There's no excuse for this. If they refuse to refund or exchange, file a PayPal dispute immediately. Don't let them hold you off until past 45 days.
Man, I'm in Russia. It took 2 month to get to me via our post, so even the PayPal can't help no more. So now i need a kind of service manual for that thing, because I suppose it's a hardware problem.
AngelDear friend, I have a Star S7589 MTK6589 Quadcore 1.2Ghz CPU,android 3G smart phone,Android 4.1.2OS,1GB RAM+4G ROM,5.7" with a serious problem to the screen. It blocks responding after few minutes from start or the screen start blinking self giving fake commands. Can you help me? Is there a way to solve this problem with a sw intervention? Many thanks in advance! Dunno
Welcome to the forums Darius! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your phone.

Are you running the stock firmware that came with the phone? Have you tried another ROM to see if it fixes the problem?

How long is your phone usually on before you start experiencing problems?

My guess is that it's either software related (yay) or hardware related and induced by heat (boo).
(2013-12-17, 03:21)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums Darius! Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your phone.

Are you running the stock firmware that came with the phone? Have you tried another ROM to see if it fixes the problem?

How long is your phone usually on before you start experiencing problems?

My guess is that it's either software related (yay) or hardware related and induced by heat (boo).

Hi WW many thanks for answering.
As regard the ill s7589 after rebooting from Factory Mode it works properly for few minutes, may be even half of an hour, then the screen starts to swift himself or it block itself!
To be honest I'm quite new to the item, I'm running the original firmware and even if I did a rooting I've no idea how to load a new ROM! Can you help me describing the needed steps and links?
Thanks in advance!
Smile