www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Help with phone stuck on welcome screen G6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just bought an android phone from amazon a few days ago
it said it was a Cubot GT88, but mine has a G+ logo at the bottom left at the back of the phone, so it may be a Gooweel G6, but I've also seen an identical phone called mijue G6.

Anyway everytime I try to start the phone it boots and then the welcome screen comes up, and then that's all she wrote, it just freezes and nothing happens.

The phone is made in china and if I hold the volume button and the power button, a menu comes up with a load of chinese or japenese, which I can't read.

So I was hoping if somebody out there knew how I could fix it.
Sorry I know the question is abit bleak, but I really have no idea what to do.
Hi, peril94. welcome to the forum. I'm very sorry to hear you're having terrible problems with your phone.
It will be incredibly difficult to find an appropriate ROM for an unknown phone.
I suggest you try to do a factory reset. Are you able to boot into recovery?
When you hold the volume button the other way, it should take you to recovery menu. Then you can do a factory reset from there.
That Chinese menu is most likely factory mode. If you cannot find recovery mode, you can do the reset from there. If see an item with "eMMC", you can select that to hard reset.