www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Create TWRP For Your MTK Phone- Tutorial From Gizbeat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve benefited a lot from the tutorials on this forum and from the Gizbeat reviews, so I thought I’d give back by re-writing Damian’s TWRP tutorial here. I noticed it hasn’t been reposted here nor stickied in the mobile industry section.

This guide will show how to create TWRP custom recovery for your MediaTek phone. (I did not create this tutorial, just rewriting it.) The full tutorial can be found here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

A. Requirements

1. MediaTek based phone
2. USB Data cable
3. PC
4. Easy Ultimate TWRP Installer ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register])
([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register])

B. Preparation
a. For Unrooted phones start here
1. Secure a stock ROM or Full backup of your phone.
Backup guide for unrooted phones [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
2. Root your phone. Try the auto root tools found here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
If these don’t work, go back to the Ultimate No Root Backup Guide and continue to creating CWM. Install CWM and root from recovery:

-Download SuperSU from here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
-Extract the files from the rar file
-You will find a zip file there, place it in your SD card root directory
-Boot into recovery, then install zip from SD card

3. Proceed to Preparation (b)

b. For Rooted phones
1. Enable USB Debugging
2. Install ADB Drivers [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
3. Secure a stock ROM or Full backup of your phone (if you don’t have one yet)
Backup guide: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
4. Create NVRAM Backup. Guide here: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
5. Switch your phone off and boot into recovery. See if your current recovery is flipped or not. You will be asked later.
6. Reboot into normal mode.

C. Method Proper
1. Extract and run TWRP Setup.exe
2. Install Easy Magic TWRP. Just Click Next on the Installer Setup.
3. You will be asked if you want to start Easy Magic TWRP Installer now. Assuming you are ready to go, click Yes.
4. You will be asked what you want to do. Tick Start Easy Magic TWRP Installer for MediaTek and click OK.
5. Then you will be asked to choose between Auto and Manual Installation. Click Yes for Auto Installation
6. Connect your phone to PC with the data cable and click OK.
7. The program will verify details about your phone. Continue until you are asked if you have a flipped recovery screen. Select the appropriate answer.
8. Be aware of your phone. If there are root permission requests, grant them.
9. When it is done, you can switch off your phone and boot into recovery to check if installation was successful.

This program worked perfectly for me. Thank you very much to Gizbeat and Damian for the tutorial and resources!
Thanks it works like charm Smiling
Thanks.

I have done all the steps, and I now have TWRP recovery.

But I have a big problem. The touch screen doesn't work. So I have reverted back to CWM recovery.

I have MTK6592 and 1920x1080 screen.

Is there a fix for the touch screen problem?

Thanks
What is your ROM version and which twrp tool version did you use?
sometimes the phones have faked ROM. Like it says kitkat but really has jellybean.
I think the touch screen problem is when the kernel used is incompatible...so im thinking try the other version of the tool? but be careful
hi

everytime i try this tools i get an error :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

any idea for resolving this ?
What is your phone? Like the warning says, it seems your recovery partition is too small. Twrp is significantly larger than cwm and stock recovery. I would suggest you don't continue with the installation
If you want a custom recovery, go with CWM instead. It has pretty much the same capabilities. See this thread for a list of guides [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Since you are already rooted, you can use the mtk droid tools method as it is much simpler
Good luck
thanks for the answer !

my phone is a Condor C8 ( Hisense HS U980)

i'll try with the link for CWM and tell you the issue !

sorry for the bad english Smiling
When I try this method to install first on my phone stock ROM as a recovery it has an error generated and it says that I have a secured boot.img and a large size of recovery.img.

But thanks to this thread I manage to follow other links and it pointed out that CWM recovery only works for my phone: Alcatel OneTouch Pop C3 4033E.

Thank you.. Here Sweety
When I trying to use this, I get unexpected error. Maybe thats because I have nothing in /proc/dumchar_info