www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Flashing - ROM image - which file contains the BUILD NO of phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying to do selecting flashing of my MTK6592 phone (HDC S5-SM9006V).
It has bricked and no longer able to detect any signal (can't register on mobile networks).

I found someone who could give me their similar ROM (same build number)
But somehow I could not flash it correctly - my build number did not match up to his after flashing his ROM backup.
Anyone knows why? Huh

By the way, does anyone knows which is the ROM file which holds build no of Android from the following list?

preloader.bin
boot.img
cache.img
lk.bin
logo.bin
nvram.bin
MBR
EBR1
EBR2
MT6592_Android_scatter.txt
recovery.img
secro.img
system.img
userdata.img

thanks for your help
Build number is normally in build.prop, which is part of system.img.

Why is the build # important? Is your phone working okay? If its not, knowing the build # location isn't going to help you un-brick.
(2015-01-22, 19:57)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]Build number is normally in build.prop, which is part of system.img.

Why is the build # important? Is your phone working okay? If its not, knowing the build # location isn't going to help you un-brick.

I bricked my phone flashing a custom ROM.
Now the phone can't register on any network - NO SERVICE, although SIM card is detected.

Someone gave me a backup copy of their ROM, but when I tried to flash it, i could not get the same outcome as his - different version no and baseband.

Any idea why? Crying
Well changing build # is not going to help you.

So now you have no baseband?
i have baseband, build no based on a custom ROM which i have gotten from needrom.com
i have also entered IMEI numbers (generated).
yet, no signal so far - can't register on mobile network.

a little lost as to what else i can do..
Do your IMEI's show in **about phone > status > imei information** ?
yes they do - 2 different IMEI for 2 SIM cards.