www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Let's create a list of apps safe to remove on a stock iNew V3 Plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I think it would be interesting to create a list of apps, which are safe to remove on a stock iNew V3 Plus.

So far, I've found that the following apps can be removed from /system/app without losing functionality:

VideoOrbPlugin.apk: removes the alternative 'video' lockscreen which can be found in the settings
HallLockScreen.apk: removes the 'digital clock' lockscreen that you'd get when closing the cover that comes with the phone
MtkMagicPlant.apk (or something like that, can't remember its exact name): removes a 'magic plant' live wallpaper

If you found other apps that can be removed, please submit them here, and don't forget to add what the app is about. I'll gladly add them to this list.
Looks like I can't edit a previous post. Anyway, I'll only add iNew-specific stuff that hasn't been mentioned [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] yet.
Thanks for this @exeleration-g . I've put them in this spoiler. I'll move this over to general section too if you don't mind. If they can be removed from v3, they can likely be removed from any phone safely.
Show Content
Sure, no problem for me.
Some new stuff in V09:

flashlight.apk: removes the flashlight app.
PermissionControl.apk: removes the 'App Permission Management' along with its lock notification icon in the top left of your screen.

iNew Xender: Can be removed normally
inew manager: Can be removed normally
V11: all this stuff is located in /system/app and can be removed

flashlight.apk
MobileAssist.apk: iNew security
PermissionControl.apk, .odex: App permission management

VisualizationWallpapers.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.odex
VideoOrbPlugin.apk
Todos.apk --> you'll lose Tasks
Todos.odex
SchedulePowerOnOff.apk --> you'll lose scheduled on/off