www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Discovery V6 graphics/display problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 Discovery V6 phones:

Hardware : MT6572
Model : hongyu72_wet_jb3
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20140626-051406
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P5, 2013/12/18 20:11
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (wangxianming@wangxianming-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Jun 26 13:10:55 CST 2014
Uboot build v : -----
LCD Driver IC : 1-otm8018b_dsi_vdo

When the first phone began showing vertical bands from boot to launcher I soft bricked the phone trying to fix the problem. I as unable to access the phone to unbrick it. I got a second phone and backed up the stock rom from it and by unplugging the new phone and plugging in the old one I was able to flas h the stock rom to the old phone and get it working again. It no longer had the vertical bands. I rooted it and put it aside as backup. Shortly the new phone began having the vertical color bands just like the other phone so I switched back to the old phone and began working to resolve the banding on the new phone. I have reflashed the the stock rom several times to no avail. Usually there is a period after any change that the display works perfectly but once the phone goes to sleep the bands reappear on waking. I have tried making changes in factory mode but it is in chinese and I have no idea what I am doing. I cannot seem to isolate the cause of the problem. It occurs intermittently in boot, in factory mode, on launcher screen but not in all apps. the banding varies from thin color bands to wide white bands and all the way to obscuring the entire screen where you can see nothing. I have tried changing the screen dpi but all apps for this purpose fail and I cannot find the build.prop that defines screen density. If anyone has any ideas please help. maybe a translation of factory screens to english or build.prop that controls screen density.