www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6592t (Umi Zero) 3g unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I recently bought myself a new phone (Umi Zero). Didn't think about looking at the frequency band list, and now I got it here form china, I realized that I can't use it because it lacks 3g wcdma on 850/1900mhz. It works though on 2g... I'm pretty much stuck with the phone, seeing how its complicated to send it back to china (customs, shipping prices, now its the Chinese new year too.... Confusedigh: )

After doing quite some research, I haven't really came up with an answer. There is not much info on the phone/proccesor outside of what the company offers, also, there are not many files/software/... available to actually test the phone

I understand that there may or may not be a physical limitation due on hardware, but up to now, I have no real info on the hardware capability and would like to test it before putting the theory down.

Any ideas where to start?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but its not possible to change the frequency. This is set in hardware. Umi Zero is 900/2100 if I'm remembering right.
Just to echo what Bacon_Puffs said, there is no software fix for not having the correct bands in the phone. Looks like you're stuck with 2G data.

On the plus side, I've been willingly using 2G data for the past 2 years. It hasn't been too bad at all. And it's prevented me from fiddling with my phone in times when I probably shouldn't have been anyways.
(2015-02-06, 03:47)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Just to echo what Bacon_Puffs said, there is no software fix for not having the correct bands in the phone. Looks like you're stuck with 2G data.

On the plus side, I've been willingly using 2G data for the past 2 years. It hasn't been too bad at all. And it's prevented me from fiddling with my phone in times when I probably shouldn't have been anyways.

Hmmm I see, well i guess im gonna have to sell it, I use my phone for business. Can't afford to only have 2g, always is sending documents, large emails, on the road using my GPS extensively....
Bummer, man. Sorry to hear it. Hope your next phone is just as cool and gets all the right frequencies.