www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Archos 70 Xenon Tablet - Demo Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got an ex display Archos 70 Xenon that seems to be stuck in demo mode, and I can't find a way to reset the device.

I can get to the boot menu by holding volume+ and the power button, it then says to use the volume- button to select an option, however when I press the volume- button it doesn't do anything.

Also when I plug the device into my computer, it doesn't seem to recognise it properly and I can't access the internal storage. I've tried installing drivers using PDA net but that doesn't recognise the device either.

Would I be able to reinstall the firmware using SP Flash Tool?
The only firmware listed on the Archos site is an update.

Thanks!
Okay I've managed to get SP Flash Tool to recognise my device, here's what I've done:
  • Downloaded and installed the drivers from here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
  • Downloaded a random ROM from here (the ZOPO one)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
  • Opened SP Flash Tool and loaded the scatter file from the ROM
  • Clicked download and then plugged in the tablet

SP Flash Tool seems to recognise the device, however it returns an error and doesn't install the firmware.
I assume this is because the firmware isn't for the Archos 70 Xenon?

The firmware listed on the Archos site is packaged for an SD card update, so can't be used with SP Flash Tool.

Any ideas where I can go from here?
Don't try to flash a ROM from another phone. That will make things even worse for you. How did you get into the situation in the first place?
The device was like this when purchased, it was a display model, and seems to only have demo firmware installed on it. When you boot up the device it plays a video and doesn't do anything else.

Is there any way that the firmware on the Archos site can be converted to use with SP Flash Tool, or does anyone happen to know where I can get a ROM for the Archos 70 Xenon?