www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: unable to install firmware update on s5 clone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
I got a wireless firmware update notification which I downloaded but am unable to install as the process aborts and I cannot understand why. Here are the details on the "failed" screen with a big dead droid in the middle of the screen:
rua1 autoCWM v5.5.0.4 for SM-G900$

- reboot system now
- install zip from SD card
- wipe data / factory reset
- backup and restore
- mounts and storage
- advanced

CWM automade 08.01.2014 09:07:08
E: invalid command argument finding update package
E: unknown volume for data [/storage/sdcard0/adupsfota/update.zip]
E: cant mount /storage/sdcard0/adupsfota/update.zip
Installation aborted.
Changed the default download from phone to SD card but I do not see the download on the SD card.
Installed a file manager and can see the download on sdcard0/adupsfota file as update.zip.
the sd card shows as sdcard1 and is empty

Please advise.
Thanks
You are using CWM. You need the full stock ROM with original recovery to have any chance of succeeding with official updates.
(2015-02-15, 02:09)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]You are using CWM. You need the full stock ROM with original recovery to have any chance of succeeding with official updates.

Could you clarify? I have already created a back up of the phone using CWM. After downloading the zip file it prompts me to install then aborts the process with the errors mentioned.

(2015-02-15, 02:52)Owen63 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-15, 02:09)Sniper47 Wrote: [ -> ]You are using CWM. You need the full stock ROM with original recovery to have any chance of succeeding with official updates.

Could you clarify? I have already created a back up of the phone using CWM. After downloading the zip file it prompts me to install then aborts the process with the errors mentioned.
Failed to mention the up dated file downloads via wireless update function and is supposedly provided by the phone manufacturer.
Sniper47 said it as it is. If you have a custom recovery installed, which you do, OTA updates won't work.
yes, OTA updates are provided by the manufacturer, but same thing, you need to be on stock recovery for it to install
Thanks snowboots - excellent clarity there. Question still remains - I did not install a custom recovery ( did I?) - just rooted and backed up to enable playing with the device. I have not installed any ROMs . What will I have to do to get back to stock?
You have CWM. That's custom.
You need to find a copy of your stock recovery and flash it with sp flash tool.
If you made cwm with droid tools, you should have your original recovery stored there somewhere.
Try reflash new rom.look on this addres maybe helps you. trulyandroid.blogspot.com/2014/07/all-roms-titanium-s5clones-updated_1.html?m=1