www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: CWM 5.x for Mpie MP-S168
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am completely new to the backup/custom recovery/ROM thing. But i made a backup of my Mpie MP-S168 from a tutorial about how to get a FULL backup of MTK devices on XDA.

I know the first thing to do is make CWM/TWRP/PHILZ for the device. But I do not have any experience at all with source, or any type of code manipulation. I found a way to automate the creation for each of those recoveries, but the applications say the boot.img is secure.

Now i seen that boot.img and recovery.img are exactly the same size. So I made a copy of the recovery.img and pasted it into the autoCWM folder and renamed it boot.img and it worked. It works on my device and my device boots into both recovery and into the OS just fine. What i want to know is, Am i flirting with disaster when i do that with MTK devices? or am I right in feeling comfortable with how it is working? It is CWM 5.x and the software is 4.4.2 (KitKat). I have read everywhere that KitKat needs CWM 6.x but it didnt make 6.x so is it ok?

If anyone wants the custom recovery that i made, I will post it in a separate thread.

Bwinbig87
Hi I bricked my mp-s168. do you happen tp have a recovery file i could use? Sorry for the sudden request, but Ive been trying to fix it for a little bit now but since not many people have this phone, it's a little difficult.
(2015-02-22, 14:39)Beastben13 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Its at the bottom of the post.
I didn't mean a custom recovery. I need an actual backup because I deleted some system apks and then factory reset. That somehow messed up my phone, so I need a backup of one that is working since I was unable to find a stock rom.
(2015-02-23, 09:29)Beastben13 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean a custom recovery. I need an actual backup because I deleted some system apks and then factory reset. That somehow messed up my phone, so I need a backup of one that is working since I was unable to find a stock rom.

I haven't had time in the last 2 days to post what i have up, but i will get it up this week. I have limited bandwidth at home here so i have to do it at night when its unlimited. But it will be on here.

Just know that it isn't full stock. It was a backup of my device after i added a few apps to system. and it is deodexed/zipaligned.

Just check back here in a few days.

Bwinbig87
I have also need for stock ROM for S168 - I flashed wrong ROM and made no copy, so now my phone is soft-bricked and after a lot of search I cannot find it ... Please help
(2015-02-24, 06:44)bwinbig87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-23, 09:29)Beastben13 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean a custom recovery. I need an actual backup because I deleted some system apks and then factory reset. That somehow messed up my phone, so I need a backup of one that is working since I was unable to find a stock rom.

I haven't had time in the last 2 days to post what i have up, but i will get it up this week. I have limited bandwidth at home here so i have to do it at night when its unlimited. But it will be on here.

Just know that it isn't full stock. It was a backup of my device after i added a few apps to system. and it is deodexed/zipaligned.

Bwinbig87

I also need complete rom to flash this device ... I flashed wrong rom and didn't have backup ... if someone can help?

Thanks
Do you have the custom recovery installed?
I have a backup of a slightly modified stock rom, cwm flashable.
But I do NOT have full stock. Sad I am sorry for that.
If someone can take a SP Flash backup of their MP-S168, That would be greatly appreciated.

(2015-06-11, 17:49)gurug Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-24, 06:44)bwinbig87 Wrote: [ -> ]

Bwinbig87

I also need complete rom to flash this device ... I flashed wrong rom and didn't have backup ... if someone can help?

Thanks
(2015-06-11, 21:15)bwinbig87 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the custom recovery installed?
I have a backup of a slightly modified stock rom, cwm flashable.
But I do NOT have full stock. Sad I am sorry for that.
If someone can take a SP Flash backup of their MP-S168, That would be greatly appreciated.

(2015-06-11, 17:49)gurug Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-24, 06:44)bwinbig87 Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't had time in the last 2 days to post what i have up, but i will get it up this week. I have limited bandwidth at home here so i have to do it at night when its unlimited. But it will be on here.

Bwinbig87

Thanks

Hello!

I did not had recovery installed, because I flashed wrong rom... so I needed full rom to flash and I found it today. I have Lenovo clone S660MAX, and I saw that MPIE S168 is exactly the same, pictures and specs wise ... That's why I asked for it. Than later today I found working rom - it is from needrom - rom for JIAKE V10.

But I found out after flashing that problem which was the cause for my flashing in the first place (stupid me, without making backup first) - remained the same: phone freezes after 10-20 seconds ...

Still, thanks for you answer Smiling