www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star n9500 (mtk6582) hard brick - Need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have successfully installed the clockworkmod recovery on my star n9500, with mtk6582 cpu.
After that, it was perfectly working, and I decided to install a MIUI version to get rid of the malware-filled system I got. the installation went all smooth until I realized I had downloaded a MIUI version for mtk6589 rather than the one for 6582. When the installer asked me to restart the phone, the phone simply died.

I got an hard brick: the phone doesn't power on at all, and can't even enter recovery mode. When I connected it to the PC, it made the "unknown device sound", and after a short period the "device detached" sound. Checking the windows device manager, between the 2 sounds it detected the MTK65xx preloader device, so I did some research and found the correct drivers for my chip.
Now when I plug the phone, it does the "device recognized sound", it actually recognizes the mtk preloader, but still after a couple seconds it makes the "device detached" sound.

I think if I could keep the device "attached" all the time, I could use the SP flash tool to re-flash the ROM (I made a backup before starting fiddling with flashing, and anyway I think I can download the stock one from somewhere), but problem is that the device is recognized only for a brief time of 1-2 seconds. before disappearing.

Somewhere I read about other hard bricks a procedure that involved putting a jumper on the smartphone mainboard, to force the preloader, but I have 0 knowledge about mine, I can open it but I don't know where I should put the short-circuit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? about this?
Hi FrancescoDS !

I've posted this solution (not only to recover from bootloop).
You can try it to enter in recovery mode:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
(2015-02-23, 03:18)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Hello and thanks for your response, but I'm not experiencing any bootloop.
I got an hard brick, and the phone doesn't even power on.

I checked the utility you suggested in your thread, but every single anti-malware programm I have screams to not use it. Even after downloading it still doesn't work, and even if it would, I don't think it would solve my problem
My antivirus screams too but it's a false positive (it screams with MTK Droid Tool too).
SRS One Click Android Root isn't only to repair a device from a bootloop. If you're looking for something that can make to start in recovery mode your device, this is a possible solution.

Regards.
Well my friend. I try to help you with this problem.
First do not be nervous. Second new phones especially mtk Soc,rockchip and other is never hard brick for real.always have a solution to bring him alive. So you need exact rom for your phone stock or custom. What you have to do? Nothing special just download spf tool,extract rom on every place you want, driver already have.install spf tool tool,open,put scatter.txt file in scatter box,check DA box, THEN connect phone without battery with your pc, and click download or upgrade whatever you like. And flash must go.first red box color on bottom ,blue color, then purple, yellow,grey and finally green box ok.thats it.if spf tool don't start just disconnect phone and connect again and start flashing.
I hope you be successful. Thanks from Croatia.
P.s. Just remember do not worry about antivirus just approved program and all be good.
And always do run as administrator.
Don't try anything about jumper and other.If you don't have experience you are just screw up your phone totally and your bank account.