www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Important advice to not brick your MTK phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello dear members.
i noticed hundreds of threads on web talking about bricked MTK phones!
The main reason is flashing the wrong ROM to device, or wrong boot or recovery.
So Keep in mind:
- if you are not sure 1000/100 that the ROM is for your device.. don't wholly flash it.
So.. learn how to stay in safe in this case:
1- if you don't have a backup of your ROM , Make it even if phone not working properly . with SP flash tool.
2- Copy Preloader + DSP_BL + Recovery to a new folder.
3- Pate and replace in the folder of any ROM you want to try to flash it.
4- with your original Scatter file >> flash the new ROM .
5- Erase or Factory reset after flash.
So .. you are in safe even if ROM did not work.

======================================================
If Phone not working properly and you need to flash your device :
- Make an SP Flash backup from your phone.
- Make a copy of your backup folder.
- From any similar ROM >> Get a System.img file and pace and replace it in your backup folder.
- Flash it again.
Your phone will back to working properly.
============================================
====================
I unbricked lot of phones in the same way with no need to test point.
Thanks so much @alforati . This is a great write-up and hopefully will help a lot of our users here. Flashing random ROMs to unknown devices is an almost surefire way to brick it. It astounds me that so many people continue to do it.
I would add another advice:

READ THE FORUM BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING !

Reading others experiences will give you more insight into what may happen. It will strengthen your knowledge before plunging into the deep with knowing how to swim (or in other terms: flashing without knowing how to backup and recover).

The op is right but there are many other factors that may brick your phone, you don't need to know all of them or how to solve them, but knowing where and how to find answers saves a lot of agony and also helps to avoid double posts and many already answered questions ("help, I bricked my yashimiki phone...")