www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [V3+] Cell radio randomly freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pitykeee, thanks for this. Have tried a couple of times to replace the modem file using method above and unfortunately phone fails to reconnect to my service provider afterwards. Luck you provided the original file.

Any ideas as to how to fix ?
(2015-04-29, 04:09)andym101 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] -> set the permission-> erase the /data/nvram/md/NVRAM folder -> reboot -> check the radio is working or not.
I've tried those files, but the working one is in my previous post.
I hope you find a good file.
Thank you for further ideas and files. Have tried all, but only the original allows phone to reconnect to signal. So close but so far. Not a problem, will give up now and live with the problem.
(2015-04-30, 04:26)andym101 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for further ideas and files. Have tried all, but only the original allows phone to reconnect to signal. So close but so far. Not a problem, will give up now and live with the problem.

I'm sorry that.
I thinking, what if only change the modem file and erase only the NVD_DATA folder?
Or only change the modem file?
Could you try this or you gave up?
Tried just changing the new modem file and seems to have worked. Will now test over coming two weeks and report back.

Thank you again for the perseverance - hopefully has paid off.

Until then, bye.
Star/Kingelon N9800
MTK 6592
Kitkat 4.4.2
Changing the modem file (modem_1_wg_n.img) solved my phone random freeze.
Thank you
(2015-06-10, 21:19)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Star/Kingelon N9800
MTK 6592
Kitkat 4.4.2
Changing the modem file (modem_1_wg_n.img) solved my phone random freeze.
Thank you

I'm glad to hear that. Wink
(2015-04-23, 12:30)pitykeee Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Before I made any modification, I made a full backup with MTKDroidTools (include the IMEIs). Just in case I saved the IMEIs with MobileUncleTools too. (Before any modification I recommend to you make backup, backup, backup). Everybody do this your own risk!
I used ES File Explorer and required root. I replaced the modem file in /system/etc/firmware. I set the correct permissions (rw- r-- r--), and then erased the /data/NVRAM folder all contents. Then made a reboot. After that with MobileUncleTools restored the IMEIs, made a reboot again.
Thats it.
I hope this will be help for others too.

Did you erase the complete Content of the folder? What if i would keep the folder "IMEI"?

(2015-04-23, 12:30)pitykeee Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Before I made any modification, I made a full backup with MTKDroidTools (include the IMEIs). Just in case I saved the IMEIs with MobileUncleTools too. (Before any modification I recommend to you make backup, backup, backup). Everybody do this your own risk!
I used ES File Explorer and required root. I replaced the modem file in /system/etc/firmware. I set the correct permissions (rw- r-- r--), and then erased the /data/NVRAM folder all contents. Then made a reboot. After that with MobileUncleTools restored the IMEIs, made a reboot again.
Thats it.
I hope this will be help for others too.

This is the original modem file, if somebody need to restore the original: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Sorry for late reply.
I'm erased the complete folder (I wrote im my previous post). I think this method the same like a factory reset, just this reset only for that folder.
I don't know what if you don't delete the "IMEI" folder. Blush Maybe you won't lose the IMEI number. (thats why I backup the IMEI number)
I'm not an android expert, just tried something, and that is worked for me. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3