www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Camera focus when pointing down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone!

So far on every ROM I've installed on my Hero H7500+ the camera hasn't been able to focus correctly when facing directly towards the ground. I came to the conclusion it was a hardware problem as it affected all camera apps including the stock camera.

However, today I installed [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and the camera seems totally fine! Absolutely no focusing issues when facing down on stock or 3rd party camera apps. (i've installed and reinstalled to check) So, would it be correct to assume the problem might be a bug in the camera framework somewhere?

MikuzP
It's possible.

Do you mean when pointing it down at an angle, or when pointing it straight down?
What do you mean by can't focus correctly? It can't catch a lock, or the lock is blurry? Or it's continuously focusing in and out?
Its when pointing straight down, and possibly at an angle too. The images are totally blurry, and the camera will only focus in macro mode. I know it sounds crazy, that's why I'd assumed it was a hardware issue, and why I'm totally surprised the new roms seem to have fixed it. I flashed [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and this seems to be fixed too. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is my phone just nuts? Hehe!
(2013-07-04, 01:21)MikuzP Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and this seems to be fixed too. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is my phone just nuts? Hehe!

I haven't noticed it. But I haven't taken many straight down pictures either. What the heck were you taking a picture of? Drool Nevermind, don't tell me.

I'll try and test my 7500+ out to see if it has a similar issue. Since it's now fixed, you'd think it was some sort of software problem as you suggested... Still, a bit strange... It hasn't been reported before. There was one user who couldn't focus at all, but likely that was a different cause.
From my tests, the camera is focusing fine. It's not as easy to focus as a regular camera. But it's not working any differently than when the camera is vertical. I'm on 4/24 stock.

Focusing on top of cup. Then bottom of cup.
Confused Maybe my phone is just nuts... It was on ZP800H-[KtK]-ROM-v0.2.2 I noticed it first. Rocking the new 4.2.1 stock with no problems atm.
Oh, and FYI, taking photos from a ski lift in Bulgaria Tongue
Attached a couple of shots, one from the lift, and one taken static of a bag, at a slight downward angle, but couldn't get focus.
Thanks a lot for looking into it!