www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: root Samsung Galaxy S5 MT6589
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 china or clone (i don't know which is which) and i want to root this but I'm having troubles of tutorials here on how to root this (I'm not sure on how to do and where to go). Please help me how to root my phone, step by step because I'm not quite good in technical like this one. This is my phone info:
Firmware: Alps.JB7.MP.V1.14
CPU Hardware: MT6589
CPU Model: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7I)
OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
Baseband version: G900HXXU1ANCE
Software version: V77.23
I hope you can help me and I saw posts that you helped many people to root their phones. Thank you very much and I appreciate for helping me.
PS. Kinda quite nervous on rooting this. Cool
HI joshuaanthony94 !

Welcome on Chinaphonearena. You saw posts that members here helped many people to root their phones ? This is a good news :-)
I must warn you because you lose the warranty if you root your device.
I must warn you to DON'T FLASH your Galaxy clone with roms for the ORIGINAL Galaxy too.
However, if you are willing to lose your warranty ... you can root your device.
Now, try this method (if this method will not succeed ... I'll suggest you another method).
Please, follow the next tutorial. Prerequisites before you begin rooting your device:

1)Make sure you have installed the necessary device driver before moving on. If you have do not so, you can download the device’s driver here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2)Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from your device’s settings.
3)Make sure there is more than 50% battery remaining on your device.
4)Download iroot PC version from here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

5)Install iroot on your PC by double-clicking on its icon and follow the onscreen instructions. If it doesn’t open, then right-click on the icon and run it as administrator.
6)Connect the device to your Windows-based PC using an appropriate USB cable.
7)Ensure that your PC is able to detect your device before you move on with the rest of the steps. If it doesn’t detect your device, do ensure that you have installed the correct driver on your PC.
8)Open the iroot program on your PC and you should be able to see a screen of iRoot.
9)On the iroot program, click on the ROOT button ( Green button ) to begin rooting device.
10)The rooting process will take only a few minutes to complete. You’ll be prompted by the program once it has rooted your device.
11)The device will then automatically reboot itself.
Congratulation ! You’ve just rooted your device !
AND THEN, I suggest you to install "Root Checker 3.2" apk to verify if your device is rooted.
IF ALL WILL BE WELL, please install "SuperSU" apk too.
Thank you for this tutorial. As of the moment, I'm at work and maybe I'll try it later at home. I'll let you know if anything happens. Thank you very much and you're so helpful. :-)

Oh hey, I just got home and I'm about to install the drivers, it has 8 rar files and I don't know if I will install it all. Please help me? Thanks!

YES SUCCESS! Thank you very much for helping me! Finally! I have rooted my phone with just 1 try! I also installed the Root Checker and SuperSU. Here comes another inquiry of mine about SuperSU. It said to me that "The SU binary needs to be updated" and I clicked continue, then it prompt: If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, that can be used to (try to) install the SU binary. This is recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary? (Normal or TWRCP/CWM) ? Please enlighten me about this because I barely understand this whole process. Please help me again and thank you very much for your help!
I'M VERY HAPPY TO HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM :-)

INSTALL SUPERSU BINARY IN NORMAL MODE AND WATCH THE NEXT VIDEO TUTORIAL:

(2015-03-17, 22:42)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]I'M VERY HAPPY TO HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM :-)

INSTALL SUPERSU BINARY IN NORMAL MODE AND WATCH THE NEXT VIDEO TUTORIAL:

Thank you so much! You're very helpful. I hope you will help many people with this kinds of problems from their phones. Thanks!