www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Is my rooted/unrooted phone safe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Ive recently rooted my phone using v root (the chinese version). I needed to root the phone to remove some unwanted firmware, after i amended the firmware i unrooted the phone which deleted the chinse superuser. I then unistalled the apps the chinese superuser left, i also found some sort of files left by the rooting app which i deleted (these apps could not be opended by the phone). I ve run AVG which confirms my phone is not under threat but wondered if the rooting app will have left anything unwanted.

Thanks
It sounds like you've done your due diligence. I'd suspect you've cleared out more than enough to make sure you're clean. Just run AVG (or similar) regularly in the future. If I were to put money one way or another, I'd bet that you're clean.
Thanks ill run avg again in the future.

quote='WuddaWaste' pid='40659' dateline='1426540283']
It sounds like you've done your due diligence. I'd suspect you've cleared out more than enough to make sure you're clean. Just run AVG (or similar) regularly in the future. If I were to put money one way or another, I'd bet that you're clean.
[/quote]