www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: change Locations language and other Chinese apps to English ones on lenovo s890
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just got a Lenovo s890 (shanghai, china). I already changed language to English. However, apps like weather, Locations etc all remain in Chinese. How do I change them to English? I have been reading that there is ROW ROM. Do I need to install that? If yes, where can I get it and how do I install it.
The first thing I would try is factory resetting from recovery. Often much of the Chinese junk is in /data.

There's no official Google weather app, so it's probably some Lenovo or 3rd party China app. If factory resetting doesn't get rid of it, you'll have to root and then uninstalling w Titanium. Or leave it there and install a different weather app.

What do you mean by locations?

There should be some firmware for a890 at needrom.
(2013-07-08, 03:56)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing I would try is factory resetting from recovery. Often much of the Chinese junk is in /data.

There's no official Google weather app, so it's probably some Lenovo or 3rd party China app. If factory resetting doesn't get rid of it, you'll have to root and then uninstalling w Titanium. Or leave it there and install a different weather app.

What do you mean by locations?

There should be some firmware for a890 at needrom.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Tried the factory resetting but it still has a lot of Chinese apps...guess will have to root it.
Yes, that would be the next step. Let us know which root ends up working for you.
(2013-07-08, 16:06)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that would be the next step. Let us know which root ends up working for you.

the only Row Rom I found was in Russian and the service center for Lenovo here directed me to a Chinese website which was hard to decipher...!!!
Feeling very idiotic and stupid for buying a Lenovo phone in mainland China!!!
To all expats based in mainland China, never ever buy Lenovo phones in China, unless u have a good mastery over Chinese and love Chinese apps!