www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Simplest SU possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I'm working on a pretty convoluted project and it needs to have a working su all the time. The device is a Posh Titan HD (SoC is MTK6592) and I used RootGenius which installs the KingUser su app.

What I need is to have su work all the time, in any situation, without any hassle. Currently, KingUser su asks for permission for new apps to use su. I also suspect that it "forgets" the given permissions after some time. Worst of all, even if the app has already been given su access ( by pressing "Always" when the dialog comes up ), when I launch shell commands that involve su, they NEED to have the app be in the foreground process (probably because it wants to show a toast but I'm not completely sure). Also, I don't like KingUser making a popup asking the user if they want to update the app.

So as I mentioned, the app I'm working on is pretty complex and not straightforward. It's a Kiosk-type app that tries to limit user interaction. We own the phones so we can even install a custom ROM on them if needed. What I would need is to have the su working anytime, without any hassle, without any user interaction. Just the possibility to execute anything and everything as root.

Do you have any idea what would be the best way to do this? Even a little help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello Lucian, in the past I've successfully replaced KingUser with SuperSU by gaining root shell permissions with MTK Droid Tools, then going to the backup/root tab and rerooting there and selecting SuperSU as control app. This sometimes works and sometimes not, depending on the phone.

The other way to do it is by using a custom recovery and installing SU through recovery.
(2015-03-27, 00:26)modestMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Lucian, in the past I've successfully replaced KingUser with SuperSU by gaining root shell permissions with MTK Droid Tools, then going to the backup/root tab and rerooting there and selecting SuperSU as control app. This sometimes works and sometimes not, depending on the phone.

The other way to do it is by using a custom recovery and installing SU through recovery.

Thanks for the idea. So you're saying that SuperSU grants su permissions without user interaction?
It can work this way. Try uninstalling the SuperSU control app. Then run an app that requires root access to test.
There are a few things you could do here, some maybe you cannot, and some that are too much hassle for what you wish to accomplish.

Firstly, if you already have KingUser, then you have realized that SuperSU is probably what you want. The problem is that with some automatic root tools, I have noticed that KingUser installs itself as a system app. If this is the case, and you do not wish (or cannot) mess with a CWM recovery installation of the zip file for Super SU - then you must download and install SuperSU from the PlayStore. Once you have done this, run SuperSU. It will ask permission from KingUser for root access. Once you have supplanted KingerUser in this manner, and double checked with RootChecker after a reboot, KingUser can then be disabled permanently.

The best way has already been pointed out by Bacon_Puffs! Ideally, you will be able to install SuperSU from CWM and either remove or disable KingUser.

Either way, you are looking to use Super SU.

Once SuperSU is installed, it sounds like you are looking for a permanent no questions asked always answer "yes" root solution. This is dangerous, so all caveats apply, but if you must:

1. Open SuperSU

2. Click Settings tab

3. Make sure "Enable Superuser" is checked.

4. Uncheck "Re-authentication".

5. Touch "Default Access"

6. Select "Grant"

7. Check "Enable su during boot"

8. Check "Enable multi-user"

9. Uncheck "Tapjacking protection"

Again, be careful, always have a clean baseline backup, and do not ever use these settings on a device or network where sensitive information may exist now or in the future.