www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Cool phone getting hot.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was lying in the sun on the first day of my vacation(!), the temperature was about 25°C. After half an hour in the sun my phone got a bit of a sunstroke and gave me a Portuguese popup telling me the battery was overheating Tongue.
Now that it's getting hot isn't really the problem for me but I'm wondering if anyone else has also gotten a warning in the wrong language, since my system language is Dutch?
[attachment=260]
I'm on Koteek 0.2.2 BTW
Guessing this is something to do with the Koteek firmware. Not easy to troubleshoot. You'd have to install a different firmware and reproduce the warning.

Is the warning happening often, or just the one time? I'm usually in 30-38c. Have had the warning only one time after a new firmware install and first reset building of dalvik., but the back didn't feel warm, I think it was just a system hiccup with reading the temp incorrectly.
Just this one time, but it was understandable.
My weather widget told me it was 25°C but the thermometer that was hanging in the shadow was reading 29°C, and the half an hour was just a guess.
The phone actually was pretty hot, but worked just fine.
I put it in my pocket after that, no complaints whatsofar.
I was just wondering if more language mix ups have occured to other users.
You're not overclocked are you?
(2013-07-08, 19:57)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Guessing this is something to do with the Koteek firmware. Not easy to troubleshoot. You'd have to install a different firmware and reproduce the warning.

Is the warning happening often, or just the one time? I'm usually in 30-38c. Have had the warning only one time after a new firmware install and first reset building of dalvik., but the back didn't feel warm, I think it was just a system hiccup with reading the temp incorrectly.

completely off topic, but 30-38c ? seriously.. ireland had a heatwave up to 28c.. everyone was fallin around in the heat..