www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Annoying TWRP and Recovery file problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Can anyone please help with how to stop the v annoying message...'Cannot open file '...' it does not appear to be a valid archive.If you downloaded this file,try downloading the file again'

It's constantly happening when I try and open the zipped file/s 'TWRP' and 'Recovery'...I'm currently attempting to install GAPPS etc onto my IUNI U2 so I can use Google Play Store etc.

I've tried a different unzipping tool (7-zip) other than 'winzip but it's still not working.

If anyone can shed any light on this at all then I'll be eternally grateful as it's beginning to get rather irksome.

Ta muchly
You're trying to unzip gapps on your PC?
Hi BP,

Thanks for replying.I'm attempting to transfer all the files onto my IUNI U2 thus being able to use Google Play store etc as it wasn't on it when I bought it.

I've managed to download Gapps and Super SU onto my pc ready to transfer onto my phone,but...it's just the issue of not being able to open the 'TWRP' and 'Recovery' files.I've got the zipped files on my pc but it's the opening of them before I transfer them over that's being the stumbling block.

Ta very much.
Hi all,

Just a quick update on this old post...all is good with my IUNI U2 as...

a) I was trying to unzip the files(didn't need to apparently)...Doh!
and b) Re my other post...it wasn't working with my laptop(Vista) but worked fine with my Son's laptop(7).