www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Bricked my Mpie MP-S168 I think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took my new MP-S168 on holiday with me and had a problem turning it on for without realising it I was pressing the volume button as well as the power on button. It protested by repeating a short phrase in English over and over again making the phone unusable. I checked on Google and someone suggested a factory re-set. I had just arrived on holiday was tired and not thinking straight and went ahead and then discovered to my horror that I seem to have wiped the phone. Is it possible to download the files that I have wiped, perhaps from the manufacturer please ? Thanks
Hi, gm3suz. What do you mean you wiped the phone? Did you perform a factory reset? A factory reset will return a blank phone -- all data will be wiped.
Are you still able to get into android or recovery menu?

See this thread [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] looks like the poster uploaded the recovery and system images as well.
Thanks Trenzalore, sorry for the delay in answering but I am on holiday and will get home in a few days. i was so upset at thinking I had wiped everything on the mobile that I did not try using the mobile phone for a while. Now I find that I have deleted all of the apps on my phone and have also deleted my phone and address books (a factory reset?). I can put the phone and address books back on the mobile in a couple of days, when i get home and maybe The China people can tell me which apps i should have on this device and I can install these when I get home. I will also check the link you sent me in your kind note.
(2015-04-04, 16:50)gm3suz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Trenzalore, sorry for the delay in answering but I am on holiday and will get home in a few days. i was so upset at thinking I had wiped everything on the mobile that I did not try using the mobile phone for a while. Now I find that I have deleted all of the apps on my phone and have also deleted my phone and address books (a factory reset?). I can put the phone and address books back on the mobile in a couple of days, when i get home and maybe The China people can tell me which apps i should have on this device and I can install these when I get home. I will also check the link you sent me in your kind note.

I checked with the company in China but they just said to download the apps from Google Play but gave me no idea of which apps I have to download. I will just make a listing from my old phone and download them.