www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK Droid Tools. How to backup stock ROM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen many threads and replies have "backup your current ROM with Droid Tools" I've looked around the program but can't find a way to back it up... Is there a guide to follow?Puppy Eyes
Install ADB drivers... Then run Droid Tools and click backup. Shhh
I can't seem to click 'backup' option is greyed out. I'm able to save my scatter, so I believe the drivers are working...
There are a couple of reasons why it's greyed out. First you need to root. Smile

You can also read back your firmware through SP Flash Tools. See the first steps in How To Make CWM. But it's easier to root and do it through MTK Droid Tools.
Ah thought so. I tried to root the i9977 I reviewed. It appears all methods don't work on it sadly Sad some people who own the phone were able to root the phone, and I can't. I'm running 4.1.1 and everyone elses i9977 is running 4.0. My phone is special Tongue
(2013-07-09, 20:23)Kasumi Wrote: [ -> ]Ah thought so. I tried to root the i9977 I reviewed. It appears all methods don't work on it sadly Sad some people who own the phone were able to root the phone, and I can't. I'm running 4.1.1 and everyone elses i9977 is running 4.0. My phone is special Tongue

Well good you at least tried. You tried all 4 fast root methods?

If all 4 of those failed, then you should flash different firmware or try to build your own CWM recovery...

Do you have MTK6577 or MTK6589?
There's no custom firmwares that work well, so I don't want to lower the features of my phone. I tried all the fast root methods, many don't work after the second reboot my theory is that this ROM has been locked in a way, there's quite a few developer options enabled.

I have MTK6577