www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Fixing a 4.4.2 stock rom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own a Newman K1S phone, and have been using the "K1s SuPeR AOSP" rom (4.2.2), by baldos81, available on needrom.
Last month a 4.4.2 stock rom was made available, and although it's marked as official, when flashed on the phone, it plays no sound at all.
Any hints as to what may be causing this issue? Drivers, maybe?
Hi bufusbuf !

Has your device the MTK 6592 ? 2GB ram & 16GB rom ?
(2015-04-05, 23:49)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]Hi bufusbuf !

Has your device the MTK 6592 ? 2GB ram & 16GB rom ?

Exactly!
Try to flash this firmware :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
That's the stock ROM, android 4.2, I already had to use that to restore the phone to its original state. The problematic rom that has no sound is the 4.4.2 on needrom.
The stock rom that I've sent you is fundamental ... please keep it with care :-)
You can try the K1s CWM rom or K1s SuPeR AOSP rom on Needrom.
When you'll flash all these roms (and if you will have the same sound issue) ... I'll suggest you another way to solve the problem.
I apologize if I failed to be clear... I am, in fact, currently using "K1s SuPeR AOSP", which works extremely well.
I'd just like to try out the KitKat rom, but wanted to fix the sound problem... (the kitkat rom comes with an updated kernel, and the Engineer Mode presents options I didn't have available before).
I suggest you to keep with care SuPeR AOSP ... maybe you should consider about a lot of people that has broken phones ... at least your phone works ... you've written that it works extremely well :-)