www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Mlais M52 Red Note running review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2015-05-11, 05:39)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Just did the update.

- Rooted 4.4 with Kingo Root (though I couldn't verify I was rooted)
- Downloaded the tools from Mlais website
- Followed official video on how to root

Total process, excluding ROM download time, took about 20 minutes. Not too shabby.

Things seem good now, but I'm running a clean ROM with no experience in Lollipop land. Will report back after a few days of using it. Confirming though, the update I installed does change the storage so it's no longer the huge problem it once was. Score!

If I flash this new update I will lost my CTR and Userdata cmiiw
Can I flash it with SP Flash Tool V5_1343 so I will keep my CTR and userdata
thanks in advance
Thanks for the follow up, @bennyceria !

I unfortunately have no idea. I ended up abandoning this phone a few months ago so I haven't done any further experimentation on it. I'm hoping maybe someone else on the forum might know the answer and can chime in. Fingers crossed!
(2015-11-25, 08:26)WuddaWaste Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and follow Mlais instructions to flash my devices to official firmware Mlais_M52_Red_Note_20150721. ( you can see that instruction in Mlais download site , by click that illustration button)
Flashing success and phone long reboot.
The result is yes ( as I asking you before ), I lost my CTR and userdata, and also root access. I also get message : invalid imei .
After that I connect my mlais to my pc (win 7) and try adb to detect my phone with luck.
Adb can access my phone so I type : adb reboot bootloader
Phone enter to fastboot mode so I type : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ( my CTR, I place it in same folder with adb ).
Phone showing whole process writing my CTR with OK sign.
After that I type again : fastboot reboot
After the phone full reboot. I power off it and hold vol up and power for a seconds then my mlais m52 red note boot into recovery mode. ( my CTR is back )
I touch install zip from sd card1 then choose zip( I choose BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip because I was copy it before to my sd card ) and then touch yes.
Install zip success and reboot it. Android is upgrading....
I have my root access again after update su binary
With help from Mtk engeneering app from play store I get back my imei.

I hope my experience can help other who's face same issues
WOW! Great write-up, @bennyceria !!!

I'm sorry you had so much trouble flashing your phone in the first place, but I am happy you got everything fixed. Thank you very much for taking the time to write out your experience and solution. Surely there are users out there who will find this helpful.

We are very lucky to have you in this community!
Pages: 1 2 3