www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Ampe A78 Firmware Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have recently purchased an Ampe A78 phablet due to the very high specification of the phone. Unfortunately there are numerous firmware issues. I have raised these issues on the Ampe forum but with no response. I would like to raise them here in the hope of potentially others who have this phone and encountered the same issues and may have a solution.

Here are issues:
- No option to remove camera button on lock screen
- Notification / status bar cannot change background color from transparent
- In Settings each "View" does not have same settings available
- "Accounts" (eg Google, Facebook, etc) are only shown in 'List View' in Settings
- No option to change wallpaper on Lock Screen
- Phone hangs on occasion (becomes unresponsive) and eventually reboots itself
- On occasion the phone randomly reboots Itself
- On any occasion when I launch an application it crashes immediately and eventually results in rebooting itself
- WiFi does not automatically switch to a better access point
- Block Caller feature missing
- Pictures taken from camera are very poor quality (yes they are 13MP but the quality is very poor). I understand it could be the sensor is not good enough.
- Sometimes has a very poor WiFi signal even when next to a WAP. Other devices are fine with full signal strength.
- Some stock apps will not update (ie Google Maps)

I have also attempted to upgrade the firmware using the tools downloaded from Ampe's website but the phone will only connect to the PC for a few seconds before it disconnects itself. From searching on the internet it seems numerous other people have encountered this same problem but they have varied success. I have tried everything everyone has suggested but to no avail. Has anyone on here encountered this problem? If so, have you fixed it? Could you advise how I can get the phone to not disconnect after a few seconds?

Kind regards,
Adam Bent
Adam-

Did you ever resolve these issues?  I have just received mine and I dislike the installed bloatware.  There seems no way to remove this crap other than rooting and starting with a clean os.  I can't find any sensible information about this tablet especially on their own useless website.
I think I'll be returning this, but if you had some luck I may have another try.