» 1 Member(s) | 2003 Guest(s)

[-]
Latest Threads
ZH960 Tablet Bricked
Last Post: luis mar que
2024-03-20 19:52
» Replies: 15
» Views: 9690
User What is the effect of food intake o...
Last Post: fildena150as
2024-03-13 16:37
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
Thanks, I've been looking for this for a...
Last Post: StevenRip
2024-02-25 05:00
» Views: 16
[SOLVED] Need ROM for ZH960-MB-V4.1
Last Post: ery1988
2024-02-21 08:59
» Views: 77
NEED ROM ZH960-MB-V4.1
Last Post: ery1988
2024-02-21 08:53
» Replies: 18
» Views: 13534
Budget phone choice help needed
Last Post: sabir7272
2024-02-10 06:52
» Replies: 4
» Views: 4184
ZH960-MB-V3.1 SOLVE
Last Post: Pranav1
2023-12-20 20:22
» Replies: 77
» Views: 33574
Need ROM for SONIM XP7S Android 5.1.1
Last Post: Alpa
2023-11-29 22:17
» Views: 70
Need rom for X101 Mt6592
Last Post: carencell
2023-11-24 21:30
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2038
Gizbeat 101: Get your MTK6589 MTK6577 MT...
Last Post: Alexia78
2023-11-13 11:28
» Replies: 8
» Views: 22263
ZH960-MB-V3.1
Last Post: Giankyworld81
2023-11-01 19:35
» Replies: 21
» Views: 15358
Need rom for a tablet with board id "K10...
Last Post: oliver2
2023-10-24 20:23
» Replies: 6
» Views: 5131
How to Connect open public wifi
Last Post: oliverben45
2023-10-24 16:03
» Replies: 11
» Views: 8788
I NEED FILE FOR ITEL MOBILE PHONE AND TO...
Last Post: Meghnad45
2023-10-22 02:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1375
NEED Help Bricked my phone.
Last Post: Meghnad45
2023-10-22 02:36
» Views: 4784
Introduction
Last Post: ezrahidaya
2023-10-14 14:38
» Views: 1295
Needs help to root a china tablet brand ...
2023-10-14 14:37
» Views: 166
Any tips to stay awake?
2023-10-14 14:35
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4868
Need ROM for china TAb MT6797
2023-10-14 14:34
» Views: 309
need this stock firmware for my tablet M...
Last Post: ramzii888
2023-10-14 02:20
» Views: 4449
Encryption Unsuccessful - Reset Android
Last Post: Aakriti
2023-10-13 16:51
» Views: 12374
betools
Last Post: egdeim
2023-09-21 12:41
» Views: 5019
[Movie Suggestion] Automata with Antonio...
Last Post: GottaGetX
2023-09-07 09:19
» Views: 4087

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Review] ECOO e04 Aurora Plus MT6752 3GB-Tutorial/Review
ECOO is a newcomer chinese brand who recently made its public debut in the competitive market of the smartphones. ECOO has been acquired by the famous chinese brand ELEPHONE in October 2014. The latest product available on the market is the ECOO e04 Aurora MT6752; it built two different models of this same smartphone : the "ECOO e04 Aurora MT6752 2GB" and the "ECOO e04 Aurora Plus MT6752 3GB". Having just purchased the Ecoo e04 Aurora MT6752 Plus 3GB, of course I will talk here about this model. However, contrary to many reviews on the net, in which too many words have been said (about technical details and about design features), I will try to focus my attention, and catch your, more on the "facts "(for "facts "I refer to the screenshots that I made) rather than dwell on lengthy descriptions (which often bored web surfers, getting them to click elsewhere). This bizarre choice is not dictated by laziness, but it has a very specific purpose: fewer words and more action ! Also, I had the unpleasant surprise to note that often the technical specifications declared change from site to site. These differences, including a review and another, only cause confusion in the mind of the reader, who asks to herself/himself : "who do I trust?". On the contrary, the screenshots cannot make mistakes (or even lie) on the real technical features and performance about a smartphone. My purpose is to show the behavior of Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus according ROM installed. My Ecoo e04 Aurora MT6752 Plus 3GB has Lollipop 5.0 (64-bit) pre-installed; however, from the ECOO official site, you can download also Kitkat 4.4.4:

http://www.ecoo.hk/download.html

I personally tested several ROMs (stock & custom); fortunately in the network are available several custom ROMs, and this is a good sign because it shows that different communities of developers are devoted to Ecoo e04 with the specific intent to improving its performances. However, in this tutorial/review I will talk you about 4 different ROMs (2 stock & 2 custom). The reference site, where you can download both stock that custom ROMs, is the next link:

http://www.needrom.com/category/others/efgh/ecoo/

I ruled out the "ECOO E04 Cyanogen MOD 12.1" present on Needrom; the reason of this exclusion is because it reduces the internal memory, bringing the 13GB original to 5 measly Gigabyte. After evaluating performance and shortcomings of each ROM, I was able to identify the ROM that currently consider the most appropriate to fully exploit the potential dell'Ecoo e04 Aurora MT6752 Plus 3GB; this is the custom ROM "Ecoo E04 3GB SpaceRom 1.0.0 Android 5.0.0" and you can download it at the next link:

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04...erom-1-0-0 -Android-5-0-0 /

I will get more detail later in this tutorial/review; now I begin, step by step, with the description of the stock ROM Lollipop 5.0 installed at the factory.

LOLLIPOP 5.0 - STRENGTHS AND FLAWS:

The Operating System is quick, compelling icons, keyboard very fluid (and aesthetically simpler than keyboard of Kitkat) and all items of "Settings" are easily accessible.

root - HOW TO:

RECOMMENDATION: I strongly advise against using "iRoot" to gain root permissions; the reason of this warning is that, unfortunately, "iRoot" involves the installation of an unpleasant apk called "Kinguser". This app cannot be uninstalled; also it prevents the installation of "SuperSU". I tried to uninstall "Kinguser" using the steps suggested at the next link:

http://zidroid.com/how-to-get-ride-and-r...persu-app/

But this procedure proved to be useless (at least sull'Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus), and I continued to have problems to install "SuperSU". The proper root method is the next:

1) Download SP Flash Tool 5.1516.00 at the next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ir71m...516.00.zip

2) Download the ROM "ECOO 3GB 5.0 E04 + TWRP" at the next link:

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-3gb-5-0twrp/

3) Download "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip" at next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9a2y9...-v2.46.zip

4) Download "BusyBox" at the next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2bssh...i/BUSY.zip

5) Flashing the ROM "ECOO 3GB 5.0 E04 + TWRP" with SP Flash Tool.
6) Copy "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip" on microSD.
7) Turn off the smartphone; turn it back on while simultaneously pressing the power button + volume up. You will see the display completely black and white lines of commands having microscopic dimensions; you will have to move to the first line using the volume + button, and confirm the command by pressing the volume -. You will enter into TWRP custom recovery.
8) Tap on "Install" and choose "MicroSDcard"; then tap on "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip" and "Swipe to install". At the end of the process tap on "Reboot-System".
9) Install "BusyBox"; after installing "BusyBox" you will get root permissions; I suggest you to perform, for safety, a check with the app "Root Checker".
In the following screenshots you can see the main screen of Lollipop 5.0 and the root permissions acquired (click images to enlarge):

[Image: 29m6u6p.jpg] [Image: 1fi5qq.jpg]

Xposed Framework - HOW TO

Download the zip file from the next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fn51b1..._Lolly.zip

Copy the files "xposed-sdk21-arm64-20150430.zip" and the apk "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2" on the microSD. Reboot in TWRP custom recovery (to enter TWRP recovery, follow the seventh point of the root procedure). Tap on "Install" and choose "MicroSDcard"; then tap on "xposed-sdk21-arm64-20150430.zip", then "Swipe to install". At the end of the process tap on "Reboot-System". Go (with the file manager) on microSD and tap on "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2"; pay no attention to the error that will give Xposed, what matters is that you have the version numbers. Try to download a module (personally I downloaded/installed "MinMinguard" and it works fine).

PERFORMANCE

If you want to try personally "AnTuTu Benchmark", remember to tap on "Enable 64-bit." In the following screenshoots you will evaluate the real technical details & performances about Ecoo e04 Aurora MT6752 Plus 3GB; so I will avoid to write them down, as it would be a waste of time. Tests with "AnTuTu Benchmark", "CPU-Z" and "DiskInfo Pro" (click images to enlarge):

[Image: dymzdd.jpg] [Image: 20z68lw.jpg] [Image: 728377.jpg]
[Image: 29qljsp.jpg] [Image: 27y0kgn.jpg] [Image: 161mcyc.jpg]
[Image: 9k5mc7.jpg] [Image: 2628bcm.jpg] [Image: 14lj59g.jpg]
[Image: 25fjdxs.jpg] [Image: 2dtag5v.jpg] [Image: okx73l.jpg]
[Image: fc17hx.jpg] [Image: oh5tsp.jpg] [Image: 2wd8txd.jpg]

But what leaps to the eyes is "not verified score" by "AnTuTu Benchmark"; I guarantee that it is not caused by the lack of connection. The other owners dell'Ecoo e04 Aurora got the same message of failure to identify the device; this is due to poor compatibility of "AnTuTu Benchmark" with smartphones just come on the market. However, the score, when compared to the other devices, is more than enough.

DEFECTS

The first and most serious flaw, found by many owners (including me), about Ecoo e04 Aurora (with Lollipop installed) is the overheating in the back (especially during the telephone conversations and using the camera). This issue seems to be greatly reduced by installing Kitkat 4.4.4; however, it the developers are working to solve this issue, and I'm sure that soon will be available a Lollipop ROM without any overheating issue. Another shortcoming is the Wi-Fi; between the signals detected, there is the troublesome presence of a network entitled: "NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10". This problem cannot be solved even by the app "ChameleMAC" (I will get to in a moment, when I will tell you about the "SpaceRom 1.0.0 Android 5.0.0"). Here's the screenshot with the error (click th eimage to enlarge):

[Image: 200xu2d.jpg]

I also point out a very bad shortcoming with 2 different softwares extremely useful:

1) "MTK Droid Tools" (latest version) doesn't recognize the device; therefore, you cannot either create a scatter file, nor even do a full backup of the stock ROM. This defect isn't caused by the smartphone, but it is caused to MTK Droid Tools; unfortunately, the developers haven't yet created an updated version that supports the latest generation Mediatek SoC (in this case the 'MT6752).
2) "Wondershare MobileGo for Android" doesn't recognize the device; at first it identifies the device as Micromax A99, but then returns the message "connection failed". Of course, the developers haven't updated the software. Here is the screenshot with the error (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 2vwwcgy.jpg]

If the error "NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10" isn't annoying to you, and you will be patient as long as it developed a version of Lollipop without the slight overheating problem, you will find the Lollipop 5.0 that I personally uploaded on Needrom; It is equipped with custom recovery TWRP 2.8.6.0 already integrated in the ROM itself. You can download at the next link:

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-3gb-5-0twrp/

KITKAT 4.4.4 - STRENGTHS AND FLAWS:

If I had not had a serious problem that I will describe you later in this tutorial/review, I would have definitely preferred Kitkat. It is why all apps are fully supported, and Xposed Framework works fine and it can be installed without difficulty. You will can download Kitkat 4.4.4 (I personally uploaded it on Needrom) at the next link:

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04...gb-kitkat/

The main screen of Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus with Kitkat 4.4.4 is as follows (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 2iboxlf.jpg]

In the following screenshots you will evaluate the real performances of Kitkat. Tests with "AnTuTu Benchmark", "CPU-Z" and "DiskInfo Pro" (click images to enlarge):

[Image: 33uwsxu.jpg] [Image: 25rcrbp.jpg] [Image: 33lphew.jpg]
[Image: 2luq35l.jpg] [Image: 9rkbvb.jpg] [Image: vdg8id.jpg]

This time "AnTuTu Benchmark" was able to identify the device, giving it a score of 36,599, less than 42,697 of Lollipop. You will see in "DiskInfo Pro" the difference in space System; on Kitkat there are 1.3 GB total, 1GB used and 268MB of space available. Instead, on Lollipop, there are 1.3GB total, 1018MB used and 293MB of space available. In CPU-Z you will see the difference between the 3958 mV battery on Kitkat, and 4080 mV battery on Lollipop. The TWRP custom recovery works fine; you will find two different versions of TWRP (in English & Spanish) at the next links :

English : http://www.needrom.com/download/e04/

Spanish : http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04...-kk-4-4-4/

MTK Droid Tools has the same problem as in Lollipop, while "Wondershare MobileGo for Android" has no problem to recognize the smartphone and to perform all operations; here is the screenshot (click the image to enlarge):

[Image: 33jl95c.jpg]

root - HOW TO:

Same procedure as in Lollipop.

Install the apk from the official site. I suggest you the version 2.6.1 Stable.

DEFECTS

The only TERRIBLE DEFECT is that Kitkat confuses external microSD with the internal memory of the device and vice versa. To explain more clearly it, I will use again the screenshot (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 24uxbm0.jpg]

As you can see, the / storage / sdcard0 is actually the external microSD 32GB; while the / storage / sdcard1 is actually the internal memory of the smartphone!
This "misunderstanding storage" also creates serious problems to the microSD. This is filled with junk files whenever you tapped on an application; more applications you will tap and more junk files will increase in external microSD!
It is dangerous for the microSD; keeping constantly in a state of writing, it will burn quickly. I have told to some seniors droid (on "another forum" site) about this serious problem; it seems that there isn't any problem for those who received Ecoo e04 Aurora with Kitkat preinstalled. BUT I've got my Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus with Lollipop preinstalled, so I think that the ECOO has made some changes on new devices; I have tried all versions of Kitkat that are available on the net, and I had the same "misunderstanding storage".
Currently I am working (together the members of "another forum") to find a solution; if I will solve this terrible problem, I will inform you immediately.

CYANOGENMOD 12.1 RC4 - STRENGTHS AND FLAWS:

If I had not had any problems with the 4G-LTE (problem which I'll describe later), I would have definitely preferred the CyanogenMod 12.1 RC4. Unlike "ECOO E04 Cyanogen MOD 12.1" present on Needrom (which reduces the internal memory, bringing the 13GB original to 5 measly Gigabytes), the RC4 doesn't reduce even one Kilobyte of the internal storage; the RC4 has also integrated the custom recovery TWRP 2.8.6.0. You will find the custom ROM "CyanogenMod 12.1 RC4" at the next link:

http://nitroflare.com/view/9F8A958892D8C....1_RC4.zip

And you will find the Gapps-5.1.1 (to flash by TWRP) at the next link:

http://nitroflare.com/view/2045709A7F959...-5.1.1.zip

The main screen here it is (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 35iu6gj.jpg]

You can see the Info about the device here (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 1zmnptz.jpg]

PERFORMANCE

Tests with "AnTuTu Benchmark", "CPU-Z" and "DiskInfo Pro" (click images to enlarge):

[Image: 1e9l7d.jpg] [Image: 34i1ydl.jpg] [Image: rc4izc.jpg]
[Image: 24q6z4h.jpg] [Image: mt0zgi.jpg] [Image: 19v56o.jpg]

This time "AnTuTu Benchmark" was able to identify the device, giving it a score of 43,283, higher than 42697 Lollipop. You will see in "DiskInfo Pro" the difference in space System; on RC4 there are 1.3 GB total, 1.2GB used and 132MB of space available. Instead, on Lollipop, there were 1.3GB total, 1018MB used and 293MB of space available. Unlike TERRIBLE DEFECT of Kitkat, which confused the microSD with the internal memory and vice versa, on the RC4 each storage component has its exact location (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 2lbyfis.jpg]

root - HOW TO:

Same as on Lollipop.

Same as on Lollipop 5.0, but it changes the zip file; in this case you need to flash in the recovery "xposed-sdk22-arm64-20150514.zip". You will find the zip file, containing "xposed-sdk22-arm64-20150514.zip" and "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2.apk" at the next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3k9ui1..._C.RC4.zip

IMEI

When you install the RC4, you miss the IMEI. Unfortunately, you cannot restore it with "Mobileuncle MTK Tools"; it is why the RC4 doesn't allow us to enter into "Engineer Mode (MTK)." You cannot enter into "Engineer Mode" even with the sequence * # * # 3646633 # * # *

I tried to restore IMEI with "SN WRITE TOOL", with "IMEI_windows.7z", with wipe cache/wipe Dalvik cache/Fix permissions (into TWRP), and "vivek.imeichanger.apk" (module of Xposed). None of these solutions has proved its worth; the only viable solution was the app called "cryptotel.chamelephon.apk". You will find it at the next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/roiukd...y_IMEI.zip

DEFECTS

The first biggest flaw is that it works only on 3G, unfortunately I was not able to activate the 4G-LTE; soon I will try to find a solution to enable even the 4G-LTE. The second shortcoming is that it cannot change the audio parameters/IMEI with "Mobileuncle MTK Tools".

SPACEROM 1.0.0 ANDROID 5.0.0 - STRENGTHS AND FLAWS:

As I told you at the beginning of my tutorial/review, I was able to identify the ROM that currently consider the most appropriate to fully exploit the potential of Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus; it is the custom ROM called "Ecoo E04 3GB SpaceRom 1.0.0 Android 5.0.0". The OS is very fast, the icons and the aesthetics identical to the stock ROM Lollipop 5.0 (except the original design of the "Home" button). To my amazement, the OS is already rooted !
The custom recovery TWRP 2.8.6.0 is pre-installed, and also pre-installed are the apps "OTA Updater", "Root Explorer" and "SuperSU"; here is the screenshot with the pre-installed apps (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 1zvq5bb.jpg]

FUNDAMENTAL: When you will flash the SpaceRom, you will have to select "All Format + Download". I I know it can be dangerous, but it is recommended by the developer who created the SpaceRom. However, don't worry, I personally tested it on my Ecoo Aurora Plus and it doesn't happen any problem. Here is the screenshot (click to enlarge):

[Image: k0sg76.jpg]

The main screen is the next (except apk "360 Security", "FX", "WhatsApp" and "Gmail" personally installed):

[Image: 2zinhw2.jpg]

Here is the TWRP 2.8.6.0 preinstalled (click image to enlarge):

[Image: 2iv1n3s.jpg]

Performance

Tests with "AnTuTu Benchmark", "CPU-Z" and "DiskInfo Pro" (click images to enlarge):

[Image: mj1jlw.jpg] [Image: 2z9boec.jpg] [Image: 1g0tfm.jpg]
[Image: vdd5dx.jpg] [Image: 24fk8p2.jpg] [Image: m80jug.jpg]
[Image: 29xvfvo.jpg] [Image: xmpylv.jpg] [Image: 2dvvmkk.jpg]

The score with "AnTuTu Benchmark" is higher than on the stock ROM Lollipop 5.0; on SpaceRom it reached 43276, while on the Lollipop stock was 42697. But the higher score (43283) was on the RC4. You will see, in CPU-Z, the difference between the 4080 mV of the battery on Lollipop stock, and 4217 mV of the battery on SpaceRom. You will see, in "DiskInfo Pro", the difference of the space reserved for System; on Lollipop stock there are 1.3 GB total, 1018MB used and 293MB of space available. Instead, on SpaceRom, there are 1,1GB total, 999MB used and 128MB of space available. The most important factor is that, while on Lollipop stock the RAM consumption was equal to 1.5GB on 2,8GB total, on SpaceRom the RAM consumption is equal to 1,1GB on 2,8GB total.

Same as on Lollipop 5.0.

"NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10" - how to fix

You can solve this problem with the "ChameleMAC". First, you will have to download the application "ChameleMAC"; you will find it at the next link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f9ng7l...59/MAC.zip

Then, tap on "Menu", tap on "Settings", tap on "About phone", tap on "State"; look under "MAC address Wi-Fi" and sign the MAC address on a piece of paper. Then, open "ChameleMAC"; in the space reserved for the MAC you will have to write the MAC address just copied on the paper. Tap "Generate new MAC on every restart," tap "Generate random MAC", and then tap "Apply new MAC". Reboot your device to make the changes effective. You will see that from the list of Wi-Fi available disappeared "NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10". If you go to "Status" (in "About phone"), you will find that the '' Wi-Fi MAC address "is changed from the one marked on the piece of paper, and it will change each time you reboot your device.

DEFECTS

The only defect, though minor, I detected is on the audio settings. Open "Mobileuncle MTK Tools", tap on "Engineer Mode", tap on "Engineer Mode MTK", tap on "Hardware Testing", tap on "Audio", and tap on "LoudSpeaker Mode". You will see that the "Max Volume "is set to 160. The value of 160 is the maximum volume permitted on smartphones; enter this value is very dangerous for the speaker. The speaker, often, will go into saturation with ringtones, and it could also damage the speaker irreparably; it is advisable not to exceed the value of 150 in "Max Volume". On the Lollipop, instead, the "Max Volume" (in "LoudSpeaker Mode") was set to 144; take a look to the next screenshots (click images to enlarge):

[Image: k2bewl.jpg] [Image: iwsz2u.jpg]

In order to lower the excessive value in "Max Volume", you will find the following version of "Mobileuncle MTK Tools" (the one that is currently on the Store doesn't allow you to change the audio parameters); here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/orrp55...LE_LOL.zip

CAMERA:

The Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus has a 15.9 megapixel back camera and a maximum resolution up to 4608 × 3456; the front camera of 8.0 megapixels and a maximum resolution up to 3264 × 2448 (see screenshots "AnTuTu Benchmark"). Below a picture taken with the rear camera (the sky was obscured by clouds):

[Image: 2qd5q0y.jpg]

Below a picture taken with the front camera (the sky was obscured by clouds):

[Image: w14kcm.jpg]

Other pics about Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus (click images to enlarge):

[Image: 11snqft.jpg] [Image: 33p4wm0.jpg] [Image: 2u4q594.jpg]
[Image: 25sw1.jpg] [Image: mlqvpe.jpg] [Image: 2qsxm3l.jpg]

I recommend you to buy a protective case (the one in the pics I bought on Aliexpress); the reason of it why the Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus is fragile and the camera lens is protruding, so you could easily scratch it.
Despite the Ecoo e04 Aurora Plus does not has the NFC and it has the limit of 32 GB of microSD, I recommend this smartphone to its very attractive price. A device 5.5 inch with MediaTek MT6752 1.7GHz octa-core, with 3GB of RAM, with ARM Mali760 MP2, with screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 (FullHD) ... all these benefits you will can get them at a special price of 183,90 $ (on GearBest).

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_158243.html
You, MitsosDaBest, bobafett, Sniper47, www.everbuying.net, toktom, conair, THD, cristy, farhad7970 like this post
Excelent review my friend , I want to sugest you to add also the drivers for pc ( http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thr...river-Pack ) and I think the first step of this tutorial is nice to be how to make a full backup and restore.

I recomand to buy a TPU/Leather case to proctect and keep the phone safe. I buy from Alliexpress one S-case with tempered glass 10.5$ and I really like it.

[Image: jAz6X2J.jpg][Image: eSw8EwN.jpg][Image: zuwLCkj.jpg][Image: VwnDZ3X.jpg][Image: -ECOO-E04-ECOO-E04-PLUS-case-film-Leathe...s-Film.jpg]
PS: In picture is screen protection film , not the tempered grlass.

How you can see the Screen Protector(folia from stock) is not so good , I droped from the hand one time and all ready the mini stones scratched my folia but the phone is without any scratch.
Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ECOO-E04-...51346.html

Thank you again for your tutorial , you are the best!!Thumbs UpThumbs Up
You, Cleopatra, Sniper47 like this post
Hi cristy !

You can make a full working backup (and restore it) with TWRP. When you make a full working backup, I suggest you to save it on your microSD (in TWRP there is the option to choose if you want to save the backup on the internal memory of your phone or on your external microSD). Instead, if you wanted to tell me about to make a full working backup with MTK Droid Tools (the latest version 2.5.3) ... actually it is impossible to make it. I have written in my tutorial/review that MTK Droid Tools doesn't recognize the device; this defect isn't caused by the Ecoo e04 Aurora, but it is caused to MTK Droid Tools. Unfortunately, the developers haven't yet created an updated version that supports the latest generation Mediatek SoC (in this case the 'MT6752). Luckily, an italian developer called "simoneguarrera" (the same guy who created the SpaceRom), has just developed a program optimized for new MTK 64 bit SoC; if you want to know more about it, you will find it at the next link :

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thr...TK-Devices

Regards :-)
I just flash the SPACEROM 1.0.0 ANDROID 5.0.0 and I really like it , it was tricky with the IMEI but I make it easy with cryptotel.chamelephon.apk . First impresion the batery keep me 2 days , it was finish to charge at 12:00 24-06-2015 and today at 26-06-2015 at 01:39 I have 36% batery with full wifi , call and internet .

So I like it Big Grin
(2015-06-26, 07:40)cristy Wrote: I just flash the SPACEROM 1.0.0 ANDROID 5.0.0 and I really like it , it was tricky with the IMEI but I make it easy with cryptotel.chamelephon.apk . First impresion the batery keep me 2 days , it was finish to charge at 12:00 24-06-2015 and today at 26-06-2015 at 01:39 I have 36% batery with full wifi , call and internet .

So I like it Big Grin
Hi cristy :-)

Exactly ! In fact I have written in my tutorial/review that it is the better ROM for Ecoo e04 (it is only my opinion). Actually I am working to be able to install Kitkat 4.4.4 on my device; it seems the only ROM without overheating problem. Can I ask you a question ? Which OS was installed when it came to you? Kitkat or Lollipop ?
(2015-06-26, 07:56)Cleopatra Wrote: Which OS was installed when it came to you? Kitkat or Lollipop ?

Hello my friend,

My phone it was come with 5.0 L , I was want to come with 4.4 KK , bcs I now the Lolipop it have some problems but yeah...

Strange thing is on the stock rom I wasn't have HotKnot but with SpaceROM I have Big Grin
You like this post
(2015-06-26, 10:24)cristy Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 07:56)Cleopatra Wrote: Which OS was installed when it came to you? Kitkat or Lollipop ?

Hello my friend,

My phone it was come with 5.0 L , I was want to come with 4.4 KK , bcs I now the Lolipop it have some problems but yeah...

Strange thing is on the stock rom I wasn't have HotKnot but with SpaceROM I have Big Grin
Hi cristy !

Can you make a great favor to me ? Please test the KK 4.4.4 ROM that I have posted on my Tutorial/Review ... and please tell me if also your device will has the same "misunderstanding storage" like in my Ecoo. Please install the FX file manager at the link below :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qegwkg...FX_OLD.zip

Thanks in advance :-)
Hello Cleopatra!
Awesome review of those different roms! Really want to try spacerom.
But first... can you point me in the right direction here?
I recently received my Ecoo E04 3gb and instead of enjoying it for a bit I immediately rooted it with iroot. Yes, I didn't find your tutorial until after... So I tried to install supersu and get rid of kinguser. Of course that didnt work. Then I wanted to install supersu again with an apk file. And that went on and on and on. I pulled the battery to make it stop installing and now the phone wont get past the boot animation.
Would the only solution be flashing a new rom with sp flash tools (ot with trwp if such rom available)? Or is there a trick to get me past this bootloop?
Thanks in advance.
You like this post
(2015-06-28, 01:46)mnicolaas Wrote: Hello Cleopatra!
Awesome review of those different roms! Really want to try spacerom.
But first... can you point me in the right direction here?
I recently received my Ecoo E04 3gb and instead of enjoying it for a bit I immediately rooted it with iroot. Yes, I didn't find your tutorial until after... So I tried to install supersu and get rid of kinguser. Of course that didnt work. Then I wanted to install supersu again with an apk file. And that went on and on and on. I pulled the battery to make it stop installing and now the phone wont get past the boot animation.
Would the only solution be flashing a new rom with sp flash tools (ot with trwp if such rom available)? Or is there a trick to get me past this bootloop?
Thanks in advance.
OK so I was asking for a trick because I couldn't get a proper connection with my phone. Got the proper drivers installed but no luck. This is what solved it for me:
- change usb port
- insert battery during flashing when red bar appears
Simple enough, maybe even common knowledge but I thought I'd share anyway because I put the question of there.
You like this post
Hi mnicolaas !

Sorry for my late reply. You have to flash the ROM Lollipop (with TWRP included) that I have suggested in my Tutorial/Review. You have to use the SP Flash Tool that I have suggested in my Tutorial/Review.
I RECOMMEND you to select "Format All + Download" (don't worry ... I have done it a lot of times ... and nothing bad happened). After flashing, you have to put the zip of SuperSU on your microSD (you will find it always in my Tutorial/Review), and you will have to flash it with TWRP. Please follow these steps :
1) Copy the zip to your external microSD (no need to unzip).
2) Boot into TWRP Recovery.
3) Choose “Advanced Wipe”.
4) Select Dalvik Cache, Cache and then swipe to wipe.
5) Choose “Install” from main menu.
6) Choose “Storage”.
7) Choose the storage where you have put your zip file (external microSD).
8) Browse your file system and find the zip file and tap on it.
9) Swipe to install zip.
10) Reboot.

DON'T FORGET to install BusyBox (after reboot) to complete the rooting process. And after, to check with Root Checker.
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I WILL PUBLISH TUTORIAL/REVIEW ABOUT OTHER CUSTOM ROMS.

Regards :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ROM] ECOO e04 Plus - VIBE Lenovo K3 Note porting Cleopatra 48 47,482 2020-02-27, 04:58
Last Post: CesarSandoval
  [Update] OnePlus 6 camera review low light images GizBot 0 3,772 2018-06-27, 00:43
Last Post: GizBot
  [Update] OnePlus 6 portrait mode bokeh camera review GizBot 0 3,342 2018-06-25, 16:15
  [Update] OnePlus 6 portrait mode bokeh camera review GizBot 0 1,376 2018-06-25, 16:10
  [Update] OnePlus 6 camera review of Sony IMX519 and IMX376k GizBot 0 3,381 2018-06-25, 06:02