www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Faulty Update for Cubot X9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I am not lucky Sad nothing goes like plan
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
What a pity ! :-(
Thanks for the video. I suggest you to try to install another custom recovery (PhilZ Touch recovery).
To install Philz use the boot.img of the next firmware:

PhilZ Touch recovery (exe & tutorial) :

Please keep me update about it ... now I have to go to bed ... it's 1:30 AM here.
See you later.

:-)
Hello again,
I was able to install PhilZ Touch Recovery. It let me install any ROM, but after restart, the phone is booting for 2 time, and then is going to Recovery mode again.
Factory Reset immediately :-)
And after that you have made it ... you will have to make a full backup (with Philz) into your microSD. How to make a full backup into your microSD ?
STEPS :
1) reboot into custom recovery (Philz)
2) tap on "backup & restore"
3) tap on "backup to/ storage / sdcard1"

So, after almost a week (6-7 hour / day) i was able to install a custom ROM, adn the phone is alive (so far).
Step i made:
1. install PhilZ Touch Recovery
2. wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe Dalwik Cache.
At this step, my phone took almost 20 minute to delete the cache (wipe data / factory reset)
3. Copy a custom ROM to SD Card (i've putted 3 custom ROM *.zip on SD, to be sure Smiling )
4. install the ROM from SD.
and Voila ! All done Tongue

but, after it open, i have try the keyboard. And surprise ! The touch is verry sensitive.
EX: if I press a key, his is writing 2 or 3 time that key!!! If i wanna to type something, it will take too long. If i wanna to scroll in a page it will take the touch command, not the scroll command.

I don't know what to do.
Many compliments for your tenacity :-)
You have worked with constancy :-)
I suggest you to download the next firmware and put it into your microSD :

After doing that, please follow the next steps :

1) boot into Philz recovery.
2) In the Philz menu, select Install Zip.
3) choose zip from / storage / sdcard1.
4) select the rom zip file and confirm flashing it.
5) return to main menu and select the Reboot System Now.

Thank You for the support.
The only problem is the ROM on this site are RAR files and in the archive the structure of the files are not like in the ROM i was able to put on the Cubot X9. (*.zip files)
I guess that it will work only with SP Flash Tools. But:
The question no.1 is: I must make the upgrade or install it ?
and
the question number 2 is: i must check the preloder box or not ?
unrar the rom into a folder ... and zip it (with the same name of the original rar) ... and then, put it into your microSD ... not update but install.

i will tell you if it works! thak you for the time spent here with us Big Grin
De nada ... you deserve all my attentions because you have worked with constancy :-)
Keep me update about it.

If Philz will doesn't install the zip that you have made ... try to zip only the folder called "image" inside the Cubot-X9.rar ... and try once again to install it with Philz.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6