www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Faulty Update for Cubot X9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
AT +EGMR=1,7,"xxx" or AT +EGMR=1,7,xxx with or without " ?

xxx - IMEI
Well done ... and don't post anymore your IMEI here :-)
However, with quotation marks :-)
Tomorow i will see if my phone is fully operating. I forgot my SIM tray at office Smiling
I must say that with Mobile Uncle is ok to write the IMEI, but, if the phone is Dual SIM then:
for SIM 1 - AT +EGMR=1,7,"IMEI_1"
but for SIM 2 - the command must be AT +EGMR=1,10,"IMEI_2".

Hope that will help others.
Cheers, and thaks so much for the effort. Especially to you Cleopatra! You helped me to unbrick my phone.
I must say that i was to 2 repair shops here, but their unser was allways : "sorry your phone is goot to put in the drawer for repair pieces" Tongue
Sorry for my late !
I must say that my phone is working properly Smiling finaly !!!
I have the ROM v.03 wich was the "Official ROM". I see that there is also V.16 but, i don't know if i wanna try. In V.16 is also 4.4.4 . So i will wait if will apear 5.0 or higher Smiling .. and follow the reviews before a make a move Big Grin

for the future ... if i wanna put V.16 I must put all the version before V.16 ? Or i can upgrade directly from V.03 to V.16 ? Smiling
Hi honey :-)

You can try all of them :
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V05
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V06
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V07
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V08
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V09
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V11
ROM 2 - Cubot X9 - V11 - TP IMX214
ROM 1 - Cubot X9 - Update V16

BUT BEFORE REMEMBER to make a full working backup with Philz Touch 6 (into your microSD if possible).
New forum member here...

I selected the 'wireless update' option on my X9 today and got exactly the same problem as Shucky and ovycool. The update of course failed and I am now stuck in the Android System Recovery - I arrived here as I was looking for a solution.

I have installed the ADB drivers, successfully I think - the problem is that when the phone reboots (into recovery) the X9 only appears in the Windows 7 Device Manager for a couple of seconds (while the White Cubot screen appears) before it disappears again when the phone is in system recover. When it does briefly appear in Device Manager it shows as "X9" with no apparent errors.

After reading all Cleopatra's advice on this thread I am trying to use PhilZ Touch installer (in the hope that I can then flash the stock rom) but each time I get to the stage when it asks to connect the phone to the USB I get the error "sorry, adb shell is not working" so I can't get any further. It sounded like ovycool had this problem at one stage (X9 only showing for a few seconds) so I would love some help on how to resolve it! I'm hopeful that once the phone is successfully connected to the PC when it's in the system recovery I will be able to flash the stock rom. Thanks in advance!
(2015-05-13, 23:25)ovycool Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again,
I was able to install PhilZ Touch Recovery. It let me install any ROM, but after restart, the phone is booting for 2 time, and then is going to Recovery mode again.

Hello, well I get almost exactly the same problem as yours except that I can't achieve installing philZ recovery, philZ doesn't recognize my phone for adb shell.
Except when I start ADB updating from the recovery menu of my Cubot, where philZ tells me this time : This is ONLY Available for MTK devices (or almost similar sentence).

I think it's something about my Cubot X9 drivers, please can you help me to install PhilZ on this little boy ??
Yes, I'm in the same position as tomtitou98. Like Shucky's original posts on this thread I was hoping that I could install a stock rom from the stock Android system recovery but it hasn't worked so far (I have put the rom in the root of the SD card folder and selected update with SDcard in the recovery but it aborts the process immediately).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6