www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Pipo W3f Review, Unboxing, Comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I need some more info
Is it full blown windows 8.1?
If yes will it update to Windows 10?
I need it mainly for Windows use but absolutely need to install java because University's online library has java environment.
Thanx in advance.
(2015-07-21, 23:09)tenorism Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I need some more info
Is it full blown windows 8.1?
If yes will it update to Windows 10?
I need it mainly for Windows use but absolutely need to install java because University's online library has java environment.
Thanx in advance.

It's Windows 8.1 Bing. Functionally no different than Windows 8.1. You can install Java no problem.

Windows 8.1 Bing is eligible for update to Windows 10, but we won't be sure if this will happen smoothly on Pipo W3f until July 29.
Posted on Gizbeat but thought I'd ask here too....
Just got this tablet with the matching keyboard. When charging the keyboards track-pad doesn’t work, both windows and android… Is this normal for you?
(2015-07-22, 00:50)blmcg Wrote: [ -> ]Posted on Gizbeat but thought I'd ask here too....
Just got this tablet with the matching keyboard. When charging the keyboards track-pad doesn’t work, both windows and android… Is this normal for you?

Hello Brian, I answered you on Gizbeat as well, but will let you know here too...The trackpad works while on AC, but it’s a bit jittery and less accurate. A definite difference between being plugged in and not.
Mine is completely unuseable. when in android it will pop up the Contacts app every time i try and do anything with it.
When in Windows it will open the RH bar (not sure what its called, I'm not a windows 8 user at all)
(2015-07-22, 00:59)blmcg Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is completely unuseable. when in android it will pop up the Contacts app every time i try and do anything with it.
When in Windows it will open the RH bar (not sure what its called, I'm not a windows 8 user at all)

Hard to say whether this is an issue with the keyboard or with the tablet. There is something clearly going on with mine too, enough so that I wouldn't want to rely on the trackpad while charging.

For me, I never use the tablet when it's plugged in, and when I do use it, I use an external mouse... And being that we have a touchscreen, I don't see this as a big problem... but I'm not you of course.

If you do come across a fix for the issue, I'd like to hear it, but likely this is something at the hardware level. Power interference with the docking connection due to improper shielding or regulation possibly...either with the tablet side or the case side.
I agree it's a hardware issue due to both OS being affected.
USB mouse works just fine in any case, but i wont be carrying one around and don't have one dedicated for it. Also I will quite often have it plugged in, so its an inconvenience i'll have to live with i guess. it's annoying and my only real con so far. I've also seen random screen flickering as well but only in Android...

Well, when lifting the tablet up when plugged in the track pad worked fine, so i thought the contacts might just be to tight or something... nope.

It was actually from me touching the aluminum back panel when lifting it. unsure why but if i try using the track pad with it plugged in it will work perfectly fine if i place even a single finger on the aluminium part of the back panel.
Bizarre. Sounds like the chassis might a grounding issue between the tablet chassis and the keyboard. Great find, @blmcg .
(2015-07-22, 01:21)blmcg Wrote: [ -> ]I agree it's a hardware issue due to both OS being affected.
USB mouse works just fine in any case, but i wont be carrying one around and don't have one dedicated for it. Also I will quite often have it plugged in, so its an inconvenience i'll have to live with i guess. it's annoying and my only real con so far. I've also seen random screen flickering as well but only in Android...

Well, when lifting the tablet up when plugged in the track pad worked fine, so i thought the contacts might just be to tight or something... nope.

It was actually from me touching the aluminum back panel when lifting it. unsure why but if i try using the track pad with it plugged in it will work perfectly fine if i place even a single finger on the aluminium part of the back panel.
My copy appears to be working fine now. If it happens to act up again, will see if your discovery fixes it in a similar manner.

Is your power grounded? I mean the house power, not the tablet adapter.
Anyone update to W10 yet?
Pages: 1 2 3