www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How to root MTK6735 With lollipop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello, i was wondering how to root Lollipop with the Chipset MTK6735?

Ive tried everything but nothing seems to work!
hi, ChriizZ. welcome to chinaphonearena!

Auto root tools don't work with lollipop. I would suggest building CWM for your phone, then install SuperSU via recovery.
See this guide for building CWM while unrooted [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
You can download the SuperSU zip file from here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Actually, what you will get is a rar file. When you unpack that, you will get the zip file. There is no need to unpack the zip file. Just copy it to the root directory of your SD card.
Boot into recovery and choose to install zip from SD card. navigate to the zip file you copied and select it.
After it installs, boot into android and update binaries if necessary.

An alternative would be to flash a custom recovery for your phone if you already have one available. Be extra cautious with flashing. Only flash if your are 200% sure that the files you are using are correct.

good luck!
MTK DROID TOOLS does not support mtk6735? what can i do?
ahh, i keep forgetting that part.
You can try finding a CWM recovery image for your phone, and use that instead.
(2015-07-13, 00:09)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]ahh, i keep forgetting that part.
You can try finding a CWM recovery image for your phone, and use that instead.
Hmm.. doesnt seem to find one at all.. Can i use any others recovery image? from the same mtk6735?

My model is: HDC S6 MTK6735 if this helps, if you can help me Smiling
(2015-07-13, 01:13)ChriizZ Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2) Go to the next link, send a request to Simoneguarrera (to download his program) and click on "Install Root Tool" :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Regards :-)
Did the root option work on mt6735?
(2015-07-13, 08:23)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

2) Go to the next link, send a request to Simoneguarrera (to download his program) and click on "Install Root Tool" :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Regards :-)

Will this work for Mt6735.?
Hi hakunajay !

On my device with MT6752 it works.
Try it ... it is the only way to know if it works or not :-)

Regards
I tried the tool on my tecno camon C8 running mtk 6735 but it couldn't root my phone,. When I contacted the developer, he said it's not a rooting tool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6