www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Installing CWM on the iNew i6000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got all this information from a thread on XDA.
Good for both 1gb and 2gb versions of the iNew i6000/Firefly v65.

• To install CWM on your i6000, your phone will have to already be rooted.
  • Once you're rooted, go to the Play Store and download "Mobileuncle Tools". This is a very powerful and useful app for MTK phones, everyone should have it.
  • Download this CWM recovery file (it's in ENGLISH Big Grin) and copy it to the root of sdcard on your phone - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] (credits for this CWM go to stevenma61 from here and XDA)
  • Open Mobileuncle Tools on your phone, select "Recovery Update" from the list, then select the file from the SDCard.
  • Press ok to reboot into CWM. Boom! You're done.

In case you have problems with MobileUncle tools:

(2013-11-20, 21:13)vonSchnoid Wrote: [ -> ]One thing i noticed after rooting (i'm using SuperSU): MobileUncle wont start correctly.
After starting MobileUncle my phones sometimes do a spontaneous reboot , MobileUncle FC or just hangs...

After some testing i found out the following:
It seems MobileUncle somehow requests SU access or do some interaction with SU but cannot display the request prompt. To remedy this go into SuperSu and in settings change from 'Prompt' to 'Grant' under 'Default access'. Now MobileUncle will have SU rights automatically (if needed)

This seems to fix my issue and MobileUncle starts just fine.

Don't forget to change back to 'Prompt' if you don't want to have SU rights assigned to apps without your knowledge. Tongue
(2013-08-23, 22:14)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

it is safer to flash the cwm recovery tru "mobileuncle mtk tool" app.

if anyone want to flash it tru sp flash tool, scatter file r all the same for mt6589 or mt6589t
I have noticed differences in MTK6589 scatters. It's been awhile, so I can't bring specifics now, but it's always the safest bet to use the scatter made directly from your model phone.

This can be flashed from MobileUncleTools, but must be rooted first.
(2013-08-24, 04:17)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed differences in MTK6589 scatters. It's been awhile, so I can't bring specifics now, but it's always the safest bet to use the scatter made directly from your model phone.

This can be flashed from MobileUncleTools, but must be rooted first.

I second this.

ALWAYS use your own scatter, if you have one.
I flashed this cmw via uncle mobile tool . The recovery works fine.
Hi guys!It s really cool!Thank you very much for the info and the links!
I new is a great phone...it weird also operating the phone and looking firts the i new logo and after that the samsung logo!lol
Can't wait for the new 4.3 version!Smiling
I have to use mobile uncle every time I want enter CWM?!
(2013-10-17, 05:26)frogi95 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to use mobile uncle every time I want enter CWM?!

Hi frogi !

No, you can shutdown the phone and then press & hold & Buttons.
Hold it until CWM appears.
Works every time for me !

Greetings,

Ender
(2013-08-03, 05:57)bertmansk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] (credits for this CWM go to stevenma61 from here and XDA)
  • Open Mobileuncle Tools on your phone, select "Recovery Update" from the list, then select the file from the SDCard.
  • Press ok to reboot into CWM. Boom! You're done.

• This has been the easiest phone I've ever rooted and installed CWM.

Now, time to wait for cool roms!

Hey a.I've got my phone rooted according to root checker from play store.have downloaded your link for the cwm and set it into a directory I called root on my SD card.when I go to mobile uncle an click the recovery update part I only get a list of cwm's stored remotely and not showing anything from an SD card.can you help please?
    (2013-10-26, 00:10)lordspector Wrote: [ -> ]Hey a.I've got my phone rooted according to root checker from play store.have downloaded your link for the cwm and set it into a directory I called root on my SD card.when I go to mobile uncle an click the recovery update part I only get a list of cwm's stored remotely and not showing anything from an SD card.can you help please?

Don't put it in a directory called root. Put it in /sdcard/.
    Hope this helps.
    Pages: 1 2 3